Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baked Cake Doughnuts

I made homemade donuts for the first time! I was really pleased with how they turned out. If you have a  donut recipe to share, please send me the link!

Baked Cake Doughnuts
2 cups cake flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 TBS butter, melted
Preheat oven to 425* Spray donut pan with nonstick spray.

In large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add buttermilk , eggs and butter. Beat until just combined . Fill each doughnut cup 2/3 full.

Bake 7-9 minutes or until the top of doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan for 4 minutes before removing. Finish doughnuts with your favorite topping.
Makes 12 doughnuts.

Cinnamon and Sugar Doughnuts

I used:

Cinnamon Sugar
2 TBS sugar
1TBS cinnamon
3TBS butter, melted
In shallow bowl or plate, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the baked doughnut in melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.

This is my favorite topping!
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 TBS coconut oil
2 TBS milk
Mix and frost.

5 comments:

Cristine said...

They look great! I love homemade donuts!

Michelle said...

They must make "donut pans"?? These look so yummy! My kids would love it. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Those look soo good! I'll echo Michelle, is there a special pan that you used?

Jessica said...

I've had a recipe like this flagged for awhile now. Seeing your version reminds me that I must try these soon!

Pamela said...

I have played around with a couple of baked donut recipes in the last few months. Think I will give these a try next time.