Today February 7, 2012 is the first day Baking With Julia(BWJ) by Dorie Greenspan. If your interested in joining , there is still some room. It's a fun way to bake new goodies and meet some wonderful new friends! Our first recipe is - White Loaves, on pages 81-82. (Hosted by Laurie and Jules)
It's so nice to be back with old TWD baking friends and new Bakers in our new group! I'm so exited to bake along with everyone and bake new recipes!
Please do not judge me by the way my bread turned out. I normally make delicious big fat bread...but for some reason my dough refused to rise. Not really wanting to waste 5 plus cups of flour I threw my flat bread in to the oven....
Well......look at the pictures....need I say more:)
Let's hope my next recipe turns out!! I look fwd to seeing all of your beautiful loaves!
It's so nice to be back with old TWD baking friends and new Bakers in our new group! I'm so exited to bake along with everyone and bake new recipes!
Please do not judge me by the way my bread turned out. I normally make delicious big fat bread...but for some reason my dough refused to rise. Not really wanting to waste 5 plus cups of flour I threw my flat bread in to the oven....
Well......look at the pictures....need I say more:)
Let's hope my next recipe turns out!! I look fwd to seeing all of your beautiful loaves!
34 comments:
I've totally had that happen :-/ Did it taste ok anyway?
Oh, rats!!! So sorry that happened. My dough was very rubbery...I thought it was a flop, but it rose and was edible...whew!
Oh well - bread is like that, isn't it. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. Onwards and upwards! Good to see you back.
Oh no, Michelle! I wonder what happened? I know you're an awesome baker so it must have been the yeast, we've all had that happen before. So glad to be baking on Tuesdays with you again :)
Are you sure you didn't copy these pictures off my blog? ;) I bet they still tasted good. I love bread!
Sorry they didn't turn out the way you had hoped. I know how disappointing that can be.
Oh no! I wonder why it didn't rise. :/
What a bummer, I hate days like that in the kitchen! Maybe the chocolate tartlets will ease the pain. :)
Well, I'm sure the taste was still good!!!
I put it next to the radiator because it just didn't want to rise either, and it worked!
I'm sure next time you'll bring something amazing!
That's a bummer - I hate it when I have those kinds of days in the kitchen.
I love that you weren't afraid to show your results anyway :-)
Bummer!!!!! :( Glad you are back on this ride... can't wait for the chocolate tarts!
Ruhroh. Sometimes you eat the bread; sometimes the bread eats you.
I hate when that happens? The baking gods were not with you.
I'm so sorry. Hopefully the next recipe will be better for us all.
I hate it when that happens. Looking forward to getting to know you through BWJ!
Oh no! That stinks! I expected that of mine too but it was playing nice on Saturday ;)
I hope you try it again, its so worth it.
Bummer! That's totally happened to me before. There's always next time.
OMW, you are a riot...when I saw the photo I was sure you were joking around as your things always turn out so well...you did this on purpose to make all the new bakers feel good, right? You are just that sweet...I have a feeling that is what happened, you just wanted everyone to know that WE ALL have moments like this and it is perfectly okay to be in this group and feel like no one has to be perfect at anything. After being in TWD for all those years, I have a good sense of humor about some of my efforts in the quest for goodness. See you in two weeks...it's chocolate and I know yours will be perfect and you can giggle at mine, okay? It is, after all, chocolate then, it's not like I am ever going to sample it and see if it turned out or not!! lol
Mine didn't rise to be very pretty either, but they were delicious! Looking forward to more post from BWJ
Awwww. I so tossed mine after the first time. I was semi-okay with it since I used cheap flour the first go-round. Then, I found out you could make good flat bread out of it! One of those experiences that you will laugh about...one day....soon? Good seeing you again!
Happy Baking!
Oh my. So sorry. Did it taste good?
Oh that really is a bummer! I hate when that happens and it's happened to me more than I'd like to think! There's always next time!
Oh man. I hate when it doesnt work out. Heres to hoping the next recipe goes as planned. :)
It's just not a good day for cooking my mom would say. Some days are like that.
Glad to be baking with you.
I had some issues with my loaves. I think my yeast was dead. Better luck to us both next time!
I hate it when that happens! Maybe the yeast wasn't good? Hope you could salvage it for something.
It's always a bummer when you work on something & it doesn't turn out. I feel your pain. But the great thing about it is that you have to eat every day, so you'll make something amazing tomorrow! I bet your tartlets will be beautiful!
Oh no! Maybe it's time for new yeast?
I'm glad we're all baking again, and with so many new friends to make. TWD is the best!
So glad to see you back! Bummer on the flat bread but flat bread is hip, right? ;) The next recipe is chocolate..that will make up for it!
Oh, dear- it simply looks like perhaps your yeast was not good. Did it bubble & seem active when you proofed it? Whatever, it happens to all of us-sometimes it's just not good bread baking karma that day!
Oh no. You should give it another try and I'll bet you'll have better luck!
I'm sorry your bread didn't turn out like you wanted it too. Better luck with the truffle tartlets!
Oh no! Too bad the bread didn't turn out for you. What a waste of time and ingredients.
Just think of your loaves as... the next step in "artisan." I'm joining in a little late as I just rescued my copy of the book from storage, but I'm looking forward to baking and blogging with all of you.
Post a Comment