Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

Last {TWD} post Kid's Thumbprint Cookies

This is it...this is the day we say goodbye to our Tuesday with Dorie baking group. I know some of us will keep in touch and move on to other cooking groups together, but this is it for TWD. Wow ..it's been an amazing time ! I have enjoyed each and everyone of you . I will miss my Tuesdays with you.

 Dorie herself is our hostess today! The last recipe in the cookbook was these wonderful Kids Thumbprint cookies! You can check out the recipe on her blog.
 They were a huge hit with my family! I rolled them in pecans and used homemade raspberry jam for the filling!
Thank you Dorie! Thank you for providing a great cookbook to bring some awesome people together! I hope to meet you some day in person.

30 comments:

Cakelaw said...

Hi Michelle, I so agree - it has been great baking with you.

Cindy said...

These were a great cookie Michelle. I've enjoyed checking your blog each week, I've also enjoyed your kind comments. TWD is an awesome group.
Happy New Year.

Sabrina said...

Your cookies look great! Although I haven't baked in awhile it's been nice baking with you in the past! :)

Jules Someone said...

Those look amazing! I feel like such a slacker for using store-bought jam. ;-)

spike. said...

It has been fun baking with you!

Kayte said...

No sense loosing our Tuesdays, you are going to join the new book group, right? Right. See you there...oh, and your cookies look great! Wonderfully beautiful photo of you with the book.

Katrina said...

Mmm, pecans sound de-lish!
I think the fact that it's really over won't hit me until next Monday when I won't be trying to get my post done late that night! Will definitely keep in touch with other blogging and hopefully the new group!

Cristine said...

Is it really the end???? CRAZY! So happy TWD brought you into my life! :)

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

There's nothing better than raspberry jam - your thumbprints are looking lovely! Great to have become friends through TWD, as well - hope to see you in February for BWJ! :)

slush said...

I love raspberry jam in thumbprints! Its been a grand 4 years. Thanks so much for baking along.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

This has been a great group to bake with and I am so glad to have "met" you through all of this baking! Glad your thumbprints turned out so well! They look delicious! :)

Hindy said...

As always, your cookies look full of homemade goodness! It's been wonderful reading your blog all these years!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cookies Michelle - we really enjoyed them here too. Thanks for your many kind comments over the years, it's been so much fun to bake with you! I won't be part of the new group, but I'll be cheering you all on :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's over! It's been fun to bake with you. I hope you're joining the new group, but if not, then I hope you keep baking and blogging!

Jennifer said...

Your cookies look amazing!!!!

TeaLady said...

Good Idea for the pecans. I did think of them, but Hubs loves PB cookies....

I'll see you on the net now that TWD is over!!!

Judy said...

These truly are delicious cookies! I hope you'll be baking with us in February and beyond. I always look forward to your posts.

Lynne Daley said...

What a wonderful experience this has been! I've enjoyed seeing all your posts from TWD. Your cookies look fabulous!! I think I made the wrong thumbprints!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

This has been a joy! And what a fun recipe to end on. I also used raspberry jam in mine.

Happy New Year!

natalia said...

Ciao Michelle ! Love the different nuts on your wonderful cookies ! Cannot wait to bake again with you !

mike509 said...

If there's anyone that has been a trooper - it has been you! These look super!!! And delicious - perfect with the nuts and jam - I echo everyone, it's been wonderful to bake along with you!

alvarosa said...

thanks for all your comments in the last two years!

Peggy said...

Thank you for all your comments and encouragement! It has been fun. Love your cookies. Looking forward to baking with you more in 2012!

Anne said...

I love your photo with the book and that you used pecans, yum! It's been such a great group, hasn't it?

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Way to take these cookies over the top with homemade jam and pecans to finish them off! I'm glad we met through TWD, and will look forward to baking with you in 2012.

Leslie said...

Those look sooo good with the pecans! Now I want to make them again your way. It's been so much fun to bake with you these last few years!!

Jacque said...

Oooh, yum, I will have to try jam next time. Those look great. Congrats on seeing TWD through!

trump said...

A very nice cooking blog, and happy new years to everyone. Richard from the Amish settlement of Lebanon,pa

Unknown said...

I love the idea of using pecans in these! I've loved reading your posts through the years. I feel as though I know someone (other than my mom/stepdad) in Idaho! Happy baking in 2012.

Peggy the Baker said...

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! It's been fun baking with you. Happy New Year!