It's Tia's turn to host again! Tia of Buttercream Barbie is a fantastic baker and has the best pictures! Be sure to check out her blog here. http://www.buttercreambarbie.com/
I really wanted to like these cookies but something just didn't fly with me. I thought they were lacking in sweetness. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Maybe more sugar would help. My family weren't big fans either...now what to do with 24 cookies:)
OOO next week is that wonderful Plum Cake!!!
I really wanted to like these cookies but something just didn't fly with me. I thought they were lacking in sweetness. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Maybe more sugar would help. My family weren't big fans either...now what to do with 24 cookies:)
OOO next week is that wonderful Plum Cake!!!
14 comments:
I thought these were OK, but I won't make them again. Sorry they didn't live up to your expectations.
They look great! I was unsure how I'd like them, but I started appreciating them as I was halfway through the batch. I don't know if eating that many cookies is a great recommendation though...
Even though you weren't crazy about them, your cookies look lovely! They were not quite as sweet as most, but they were perfect with hot cocoa and coffee. :)
Sorry you didn't care for them. They look yummy but I skipped them because I didn't think I'd like them.
Add more chocolate!! ;)
These were for sure not very sweet. Sad they weren't to your liking, but hey...that's part of the adventure I guess.
Totally true they look like tootsie rolls!
I liked these more than expected, but you are right, they aren't too sweet. I used dark cocoa powder in mine and that added a lot to the flavor.
I have to say that what I love about these was the lack of sugar. but maybe I've overdone sweets this summer.
Yours do look great!
You can send your leftovers to me! :) I surprisingly loved them. Wish they would've been a hit for you guys!
too bad they weren't a hit with you. thanks for baking with me anyway :)
IC sandwiches with a really sweet IC. But they look gret.
Sorry they weren't a hit there. I definitely think ice cream could save them - either as ice cream sandwiches or just in a bowl with a big scoop on top!
I agree about the lack of sweetness--dorie's recipes with so much cocoa powder are that way for me too! That is why I subbed this week :o)
I personally liked the lack of sweetness, which means I ate more than I should have. ;) Maybe a different spice and a bit more sugar would work for you.
Post a Comment