Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

{ TWD} Brownies


Thank you Suzy for hosting TWD today! I love your selection! If you want the recipe check out her blog....

http://www.mysuzyhomemaker.com/2011/03/honey-nut-brownies.html

Life has been a little crazy around here. In the past month my mom has been in the hospital while snow birding in AZ. This is my healthy mom who never gets sick...her heart was doing flip flops ..found out later it was due to a medication she was taking. She should have never been on this medicine....She is doing great now. My daughter had a seizure and my husband has been out of town,for business, more days then ever.  This week I have felt stressed and worried..I didn't get to bake. I needed to... it sure does help relieve some stress. 

 So today we were going to go visit a museum that has this really cool Body exhibit. My husband and I were lifting weights at the gym, at 5am, when the front desk lady came and got us. My daughter tried to call me and my husband..but we couldn't hear our phones...ahhh!! She needed us home asap. To make a longgggg story short she has been dizzy(mainly after track workouts) and not feeling well. So her dizziness this morning was different because it started early in the morning and not related to a workout. I take her to see the Dr. in two hours.

NOW on to the brownies. Since we didn't get to go out I decided to whip up a batch.  What I did different....
I didn't have enough honey so I made them with applesauce, Hershey's cocoa and chocolate chips. I added some walnuts too.

They are super moist...but something is missing..maybe the honey...lol!!! I'm so happy I got to bake along with you all...now hopefully the Doctor can figure out whats wrong with my daughter:)

13 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Michele, I hope that all is well with your daughter. This is my first visit to your blog and I've been browsing through your earlier entries to see what you are all about. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I'll definitely be back. You have a beautiful family, by-the-way. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Judy said...

Hope everything gets better for you. Maybe your daughter's electrolytes are too low?

Anyway, your brownies look delicious, really fresh from the oven. Take care.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Michelle, I hope your daughter is feeling better and you get to figure out what the problem is, poor girl :( What a scare with your mom, I'm glad the doctors were able to adjust her meds and she is better!

Your brownies look great, so moist and gooey! I just made mine this afternoon as well. I've missed baking over the past couple of weeks and it's relaxing to be back in the kitchen.

Valerie Gamine said...

I hope that your daughter is ok! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been going through such a rough patch...at least your mom is alright, and you're back to baking!

Your brownies look delicious, not at all dry! :)

Nicole said...

I hope that your daughter gets better soon! Your brownies sound very interesting with the changes. Mine were a little strange, and that's following the ingredients exactly.

Tia said...

aww... in the midst of all the chaos you still managed to make these. hope everything is ok :)

Buttercreambarbie

Every Day Blessings said...

Keep us posted about your daughter, that sounds so scary, I'm glad that she thought to call the gym. I will be praying for her. BTW your brownies look delicious!

Anonymous said...

I hope your daughter is fine. I will be thinking about you.
Great brownies!
Hope everything is well by now.
Kirsten

margot said...

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear you've had such a hectic month. I hope your daughter feels better soon.

I'm amazed you had time to make brownies. They look yummy.

Hindy said...

At least you had a more chocolatey brownie than the rest of us to munch on. Keep us posted on your daughter's health.

Erin said...

Hi Michelle! I wanted to get in touch with you about the Mexican Polenta Casserole recipe you asked about. Do you have an email address I could send it to?

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Whooaaa Michelle , that's quite a bit happening.
I beleive and hope for the best for u and for ur daughter and mom to be well and fine.
I was reading ur Sunshine post and its soooooo cuteeee, super cuteeee babe.
Love u , and the life around u, there is so muc love and warmth ie is so precious...
These brownies are a delite too and ur right , baking does make things better and lighten u up too.
Gosh i am soo hungry and want dessert now looking at all the pics around ur first page...
Love and huggies for the most wonderful weekend with lodsa love, Mia.

Joy said...

I missed baking and visiting last week - I hope your mom's doing better with the switch in medications, and I hope your daughter's doing ok. Thinking of you!