Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tiannes pick. {TWD} Pecan Powder Puffs




Thank you Tianne for picking these wonderful yummy cookies. Tianne is such a sweetie. She is so faithful in leaving lovely comments on every ones blog! I love to get her positive upbeat remarks every Tuesday.  Be sure to check out her awesome blog for this recipe as well as many other great recipes!!





These cookies remind me of Christmas time. The smell and the taste bring back some sweet memories. My Grandma and my mother make these during the holidays. I love them and always look fwd to seeing them on the Christmas cookie tray!

I did not have any pecans so I made them with walnuts. They taste great! My kids and I popped them in our mouths one by one and enjoyed every minute of it!!

These cookies taste as good as the ones Grandma used to make and  the ones my mom still makes!

16 comments:

Cakelaw said...

Your cookies look so pretty with their covering of powdered sugar - just like snow. And how wonderful that they remind you of Christmas - a bonus!

jillbuker said...

I wasn't sure what these were until I dusted them with powdered sugar and then recognized them from Christmas cookie platters. Loved them!

Anne said...

I love when food associates itself with memories. Your cookies look wonderful!

Valerie Gamine said...

I bet these were great with walnuts (much richer)! Your cookies look yummy...I can almost smell them through the screen. :)

Katrina said...

I think your snowcapped cookies remind me of this springtime. ;)
That is exactly what it keeps doing here-snowing. sigh
Love these cookies. They are dangerous for me.

Tia said...

aww, thanks for your sweet message about me :)
YOU are a sweetheart too and I can always count on comments from you. You are often the first person to comment on lots of the blogs I have noticed.
Thanks for joining me in this week's TWD. Take care!
Buttercreambarbie

Cindy said...

And you are now making great memories with your children. Life is good. Have a great day.

Peggy the Baker said...

We still have snow (and more predicted for the weekend) and it's fun to see all the powdered sugar on your cookies. But soon I'll be ready for some spring baking!

Jacque said...

I know, they were sure tasty, weren't they? They look great!

Peggy said...

Oh those look so tasty. I'm sad that I have not made them yet. They do remind me of Christmas too but I could eat them all right now!!

Nicole said...

These are such great cookies! I made mine with almonds and they smelled so good. I took them to work and they didn't last long at all.

Joy said...

Your cookies look great! They are so easy to snack on - they're the perfect size :)

And your chicken dinner looks fantastic!

Lynne Daley said...

Great looking cookies! I loved these, too, as they remind me of Christmas.

Elaine said...

So pretty and they also remind me of Christmas. I don't know if this recipe has a little bit of rum in it, but the ones I remember you could just taste the rum and with the pecans they were wonderful.

spike. said...

walnuts sound fun! unfortunately we have snow on the forecast tomorrow so the cookies aren't the only thing reminding me of christmas!

Val said...

These look so great!! PPP says it all. YUM