Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

{ TWD } Chocolate Pecan Pie

Do you remember this one?  February is National pie month! Here is my pie to celebrate!
Thank you   Sharon of  Simply Southern    for hosting Tuesday with Dorie this week. Be sure to check out her blog for the Bread pudding recipe. I chose to pass on this recipe. I do like bread pudding but now one else in my family does. I didn't really want an entire pan sitting around just for me!!



This is a very good pie!! I love it with the melted chocolate swirled through out!

20 comments:

Peggy the Baker said...

I didn't know it was Pie Month! This changes everything for my baking plans! Yay for pie!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Mmm, this pie looks so good! I also didn't know it was pie month, guess I'll have to bake one (or two, hubby loves pie). I missed this back when it was a pick and really want to give it a try, I love pecan pie -- thanks for posting it. I'm late making the bread pudding, it's in the oven right now, I fiddled with the recipe a little bit and hope it turns out.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

This was a great pick - I loved all that chocolate in the middle, too! :)

Kayte said...

I did the same thing...made a pie for National Pie Month. Actually I have been making a pie a day...at some point I will post them, not sure when. I'm making minis to keep it partially sane. Your pie looks great...my guys loved it.

Cindy said...

I have yet to make this pie but I think you and Kayte have me convinced. Looks delicious.

Paula said...

Pie Month? Fantastic. Love pies. This one looks calorie-worthy.

The Daily Smash said...

Sounds and looks so yummy cant wait to try it :)

Check out my food blog at

www.thedailysmash101@blogspot.com

Ashley

Jacque said...

Mmmm, that looks awesome! I'll bet you had plenty of help eating that pie. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I've never tried a chocolate pecan pie. Looks delicious!

egbkid said...

This look sweet! Yay for national Pie Month, i'd best get baking!!

Tia said...

lovely choice for a rewind!

Joy said...

I still haven't tried that, and your pie looks delicious! Pecans and chocolate - I'll have to mark that one.

Unknown said...

That is one of my favorite pies - looks delicious! I had the same problem with the bread pudding - but I made (and ate) it anyway. ;)

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Michelle, this chocolate pecan pie looks marvelous! My dad loves pecan pie, and I'll be making one for him for his birthday this year... I should try your recipe! :) Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad I found your blog and look forward to exploring your recipes! - Georgia

Mary said...

I love pecan pie! I wish I could have a piece of this right now, but I'll have to wait for a rewind.
:)

Eliana said...

Hmmm - this pie looks picture perfect. Wish I had a big 'ol slice of it right now.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a beautiful pie! Never had chocolate with a pecan pie but it sure does sound good!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

this was a delicious pie--one i'd like to make again, so thanks for the reminder!

Cakelaw said...

This pie is a good one to sub in - I loved this pie first whirl around.

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

I didn know it was Pie month either :-)
Ur pie is fantastic Michelle , absolutely !
Im with the new Baking with Dorie group:-) but missed this one :-(
Oh chocolate swirls sounds fantastic!
Am also looking for the cookie u posted on FB:-)
Happy Valentine weekend sweetest one!