Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Dutch Oven Enchiladas

I think purchasing this Dutch oven  was one of the best investments I have made! I use it all the time!! We are not campers so I use it on the stove top and in the oven. I got the one with out the three little feet on the bottom.

 I found this recipe in a cookbook I've had for awhile. It's a winner!! My family loves this recipe and it's super easy to make







I had to add some tortilla chips, something about a Mexican dinner and chips!!

Here is the recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do!!

Dutch Oven Enchiladas

1  1/2 lb lean hamburger
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean Sausage(hot or mild, I use mild)
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 pkt. taco seasoning
2 small zucchinis, sliced thin(or you could shred)
 1 can green chilies
1 can black olives( we don't like olives so I leave these out)
1 (16 oz.) can enchilada sauce( I use red, not green)
1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce
9 flour tortillas
1 (12 oz.) can mushrooms
3/4 1b. cheddar cheese, grated
3/4 lb. Jack cheese, grated
salsa
sour cream
 Directions.
Brown the beef and sausage adding onions, zucchini and seasoning packet.

Heat the enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and green chilies together.

Layer tortillas, meat mixture, sauce, mushrooms and cheese in Dutch oven. top with a layer of cheese. Bake in the Dutch oven until heated clear through and bubbling in the center.
Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Serves 5-8 peeps!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I want a dutch oven so so bad, this looks delicious. Such a versatile piece of equipment.

Anonymous said...

I heart enchiladas. What a cool way to make them.

Katrina said...

I really NEED (want) a dutch oven. And I want these enchiladas for dinner tonight! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Caroline said...

Oh man how I covet a dutch oven! The possibilities seem endless with one. These enchiladas are such a nice change from pot roast and pulled pork recipes I usually see for dutch ovens!