Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

TWD Translucent Maple Tuiles

Clivia of Bubie’s Little Baker chose Translucent Maple Tuiles, on page 173!

Check out her blog for the recipe.... 

http://bubieslittlebaker.blogspot.com/

I loved making these Tuiles. They were so fun to make! I baked the second batch a tad bit longer, that explains the different colors! They look like potato chips!


This one was my favorite. I think it turned out good!


It was fun putting them on the rolling pin. My daughter helped me by holding it so it wouldn't roll.

I followed the recipe exactly like Dorie's and it turned out great. They taste delicious! I'm taking them to a ladies tea tonight...perfect!

15 comments:

Hindy said...

Michelle, you are the first person - and dare I guess, the only one - to have loved making these cookies. I hope everyone at your tea enjoys them.
Thanks so much for baking along with me this week!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

What a great treat to take - I'm sure the ladies will love them! :)

Unknown said...

Great job on these, great shape too...love the rolling pin

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the different colorations - I did the same thing. Cooked them longer gave them a deeper flavor - these look wonderful. Glad you enjoyed them!

mike
twd blog:
web.me.com/mikejdunlap

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

They look lovely. I did not have time, this week. I did bake two recipes ahead for the next two weeks, because they were perfect for my company and pretty speedy to make.

Beautiful job.

Tia said...

what a pretty aray of colors. like fall leaves :)

Tia @ ButtercreamBarbie

Eliana said...

Hmmm - they look gorgeous AND super delish :)

Valerie Gamine said...

I'm glad you enjoyed making these, the certainly look beautiful! :)

Beth said...

Those cookies are so pretty! I'm glad they taste as good as they look.

Unknown said...

Your tuiles are gorgeous Michelle! I love the different colors on the sheet. I'm sure they'll be a big treat with the ladies :)

TeaLady said...

these were fun to make. So simple to be so elegant.

Perfect with tea.

Katrina said...

I'm so glad they turned out well for you. They look great and these are definitely like chips, no one can eat just one.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

haha! they do look like chips. these were fun to bake.

Jacque said...

It's fun to making something different once in a while. I'm impressed you got a lightly colored batch. Good to know it's possible.

They look fantastic!

Amber Marie said...

Glad they worked out for you! Mine were a complete disaster! Good idea on holding the rolling pin - haha, it could have been a mess otherwise! :)