Susan of Food.Baby picked Raisin Swirl Bread on pages 59 and 60.
Be sure to check out her blog for this wonderful recipe!http://food-baby.blogspot.com/
This was a super fun recipe to make. The dough was so smooth and easy to work with. I did not add the cocoa to my cinnamon mixture but instead added some cinnamon chips. The chips melted when baked and made the bread taste super good!
My husband and my son really enjoyed this bread. Both of my teen daughters had their wisdom teeth(eight total) pulled Friday morning. They were unable to enjoy this bread. Hopefully there will be some left and in a few days they can have a slice!
I'm not going to lie to you taking care of two patients at the same time has been draining. My husband helps when he's not at work, but most of the work falls on me. I love taking care of them and being a mom is my favorite thing to do in the world. The nursing duty part is hard but you got to do what you got to do!! Actually the day I baked this bread was a busy day nursing the girls. It was a nice break in between pills, ice and smoothies. The rain has been falling and it warmed the house up nicely not to mention the lovely smell!
Please forgive me for using a paper plate, I was in a hurry to take a picture of the bread before I ate it!
I made this french toast this morning! It's sooo good!!
39 comments:
I love the step by step pics!! And yes, i am totally going to give this a try. I love making cinnamon rolls, but read? Sounds wonderful!
Oh yes, I can relate to that last sentence. The smell of fresh bread would make anybody anxious to dive in.
Hope your patients are back to normal quickly.
Cinnamon chips sound so good! Your bread turned out perfectly. Hope your girls are feeling better soon :-)
I proofed my dough in my car.
It is the best place to proof dough in the summer.
Your bread looks fabulous! Sorry you have had sick ones - never fun with that!
Okay, that is mouth watering.
GREAT pictures! Perfect swirl. Awesome idea to use cinnamon chips. I made cinnamon rolls, but now I'm really wanting to make the bread. I've got cinnamon chips to use up.
Hope the girls are healing well! Crazy, but I didn't have any wisdom teeth.
How do you people get your swirl to be so perfectly centered? lol. It looks great!
love the cinnamon chips! hope you are off of nursing duty and things return to normal soon!
I like the cinnamon chip addition. Your bread looks beautiful.
I love the second to the last picture! It really kind of makes me want to bake another loaf.
I remember having my wisdom teeth pulled out all too well. Just remind your daughters that the chipmunk look Will go away eventually. :D
Lovely! Great idea to do chips :-)
Great minds! I was going to use cinnamon chips for my next loaf. Hope your girls feel better soon (been there, done that).
Your loaf looks delicious!
Perfect swirl! I'll definitely have to try cinnamon chips in there next time!
Cinnamon chips sound like a great substitute, and your bread looks beautiful! I can wait to try the French toast--sounds good. :)
I know the feeling. My girls had their wisdom teeth extracted at the same time, too. I like the chocolate chip addition and the French toast rocks.
Beautiful swirl! I admire you for nursing your girls and making a yeast bread! The cinnamon chips are a great idea; the cocoa was delicious, too.
What a great idea with those Cinnamon Chips...it all looks delicious inside and out, but especially that last photo is the show stopper...YUM! Hugs for recuperation.
Oooo, cinnamon chips! What a great idea. I have some in the cupboard I may use next time I make this bread. :)
Yummo - I love the French toast version.
Fun idea with the cinnamon chips! I have a bunch I need to use up and I don't love them, but if they melted in the swirl I bet they'd be yummy. Your bread looks terrific :)
Hope the girls are feeling better!
I am totally going to buy some cinnamon chips....right now! This bread looks divine. Hope your girls feel better soon! Just keep the smoothies and anti-inflammatories coming Mom :)
Your bread looks amazing. Adding cinnamon chips was a fantastic idea.
I hope your girls are feeling better. I remember being pretty out-of-it for a few days when I had my wisdom teeth out as a teenager, no fun for anyone.
Boy... .that looks YUMMY!
Carolyn
www.thebarberbunch.blogspot.com/
The cinnamon chips must be so good !! I hope the girls are feeling better !!
Cinnamon chips are a great idea! And, wow, the french toast looks so good.
I hope your daughters weren't too sad when they smelled this baking and knew they couldn't eat any!
One teen with 4 was bad enuff, cannot imagine 2 with 8.
Your bread came out perfectly. I will have to try the cinnamon chips.
I will have to make another loaf so I can try it as French toast!
I so wanted to make french toast, but just didn't have time to make it (and we didn't need to eat it anyway!). Yours looks absolutely delicious. LOVE the whipped cream on top!
Hey I have that exact same china pattern! What a small world! Ha never apologize for paper plates when your putting something that tasty on them!
Look at that swirl - perfection!
So yummy! Your photos look so delicious! Hope your sweet girls are feeling better!
I love the addition cinnamon chips. Glad to know the french toast was good. I had wanted to make it but the bread disappeared before I had a chance. Next time!
Mimi
Your bread looks amazing! Nice job doing double duty with wisdom teeth recovery and baking such a great looking bread! This makes me want to bake bread! :)
Oh, and I almost forgot...I really like the new look of your blog!
Your bread looks so yummy!
Wow. That looks amazing! Perfect swirls!
Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.
Post a Comment