Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

SMS Bread Pudding

It's time for another Sweet Melissa Sunday today we have....
 Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel-Rum Raisin Sauce by Carmen of Baking is My Zen.
Thank you Carmen for hosting today. Carmen left some suggestions in our Comment section on baking this dessert. I thought that was very nice of her! Be sure to check out Carmen's blog for the recipe. She is a great baker and has a fun blog. I visit it frequently.
 I thought I would share with you what I found on the history of Bread Pudding....

Bread pudding made its appearance in the 13th century known as "poor man's pudding." These early bread pudding were made with water instead of cream or milk, making them inexpensive to create. The newer versions that are made with dairy products have richer, creamier, heartier tastes, although they are still relatively cheap to prepare. You may experiment with the varieties of dried fruits used, substituting cranberries, goji berries or other types of fruit for raisins or blueberries.

I can't imagine using water instead of cream or milk..gross!

As some of you all ready know this weeks recipe with TWD was bread pudding too. For the sake of time and calories I pulled stuff from both recipes and came up with a incredible little treat. I used the caramelized apples in TWD recipe and added the basics..egg, cream, cinnamon and sugar. They turned out tasting yummy and everyone enjoyed a couple of spoon fulls!

13 comments:

Shelby said...

Yup, I'm totally with you here...>I couldn't imagine using water in my bread pudding! :)

Candy said...

Looks great! Thanks for the history of bread pudding, one of my favorites.

I'm not part of TWD but will have to compare here recipe with Melissa's.

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Cream is the only way to go in baking!

Michelle, thanks for baking along with me this week.

I love anything mini...great idea.

Carmen

Julie said...

Fun that we both make this in ramekins. I didn't want to make the full recipe and didn't really have a small baking dish that would work. Looks delicious!

Leslie said...

I'm with you, water would be gross! Combining the two recipes was a great idea.

Unknown said...

Great idea to combine the two recipes! I made a rewind this week since I'm not a big bread pudding fan but I may make the one for TWD if I can find someone to take it off my hands :) Glad you enjoyed your hybrid recipe!

Tessa said...

Apples sound like they'd go along great. Good idea on combining the recipes!

Jennifer said...

Water in bread pudding seems odd! good move with the cream!!

Eliana said...

Great idea to combine. Looks super delish.

spike. said...

so smart to do both recipes in one! looks great

Tiff said...

I love bread pudding and yours looks delicious! I like the idea of combining the two recipes.

Mara Campbell said...

These look sooo cute! I love the idea of putting them in those little cups, They look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.