Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TWD Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's February 16, 2010 and time for my favorite day of the week. Why you ask is it my favorite day? Because..... it's TWD silly! Thank you to Kait of Kait’s Plate for selecting My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, page 68. Here is the recipe if you would like it. http://www.kaitsplate.com/ Mixing the dough the old fashioned way with a big wooden spoon. I love my Bosch mixer but sometimes I need to mix by hand. I started baking cookies alone when I was 10. All I had was a bowl and a spoon and I turned out some pretty mean chocolate chip cookies! I like to have big chunks of pecans in my cookies...
The beautiful finished product...
You can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookies and a ice cold glass of milk...
These cookies are awesome! My whole family enjoyed eating them.

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

I resorted to a mixer as my arm was giving out! Love how you made these so homemade looking - truly wonderful! Pecans are my favorite nuts - they look delicious! Glad your family enjoyed them!

Mike
TWD blog:
web.me.com/mikejdunlap

Hindy said...

Milk and cookies - yours look inviting!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

They look awesome.

I love them too.

Cristine said...

Your cookies look great!

Avory said...

Ooh, your cookies look great! I kind of had a failure this week, but considering the fabulous brownies I was probably due for one ;-)

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cookies look fantastic!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Oh, these cookies look so absolutely yummy. I can almost smell them and taste the melting chocolate chips in my mouth! Mine never turn out soft and chewy, but rather firm. *sigh*

Bella Baker said...

your cookies look perfect!! I loved these!! Nothing is better than a warm chocolate chip cookie!

Anonymous said...

these look like they beg to be eaten with a glass of milk!! homey and delicious!!

Eliana said...

They do indeed look gorgeous. Great job.

Beryl said...

Yours look so delicious! I wish I had some left!

Deeva said...

Your cookies look so good. I know they were delicious.

Mary Keating said...

My mixer collects dust in the pantry! I am so not the best baker and I don't know how you do it without gaining 100 pounds! Once again, I am impressed.

Hugs, Mary
mm.mkeat.com

Kayte said...

Gorgeous photos and your cookies look just perfect. Thanks for your pick next week...you did that for me, right? No chocolate in an all-chocolate month, so happy to see you picked something else! (I made them today and they are good!)

Mary said...

They look amazing! I'm really regretting giving all mine away now.

Amber Marie said...

These look very yum! I love big chunks of pecans too...and tuesdays of course! :)

Anonymous said...

They look delicious! I always made cookies with a wooden spoon too. It brings back good memories.

I'm looking forward to trying your recipe next week!

Susan said...

Maybe if I had used a wooden spoon and a bowl instead of my mixer, my cookies might have turned out as gorgeous as yours did!!

Unknown said...

There's something very gratifying about making things by hand isn't there? :) Your cookies look phenomenal - seriously, not at all like the thin and crispy ones I wound up with. Great job!

Jules Someone said...

Yours turned out so well! Maybe that was my mistake... I used a mixer!

Tina said...

your wall paper is cute...and the cookies look fan-tas-tic...any left?

The Mortensens said...

I agree with you on the nuts--I like them in bigger chunks too. Your cookies look great!

Jaime said...

your cookies look much better than mine! mine spread soooo much.

Natalie said...

yours look way better than mine- i'm jealous!

Hanaâ said...

Your cookies turned out great. Glad everybody liked them! And kudos to you for mixing it by hand :o)

Leslie said...

No wonder they were such a hit, they look terrific!

Kaitlin said...

I bet your arm had a nice workout from this dough! I'm so glad you enjoyed the finished product - it looks delicious.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh - they look perfect! Maybe it was the hand mixing that did the trick!

And yes, I loved the cookies you chose - in fact, I'd like to make them again!

Cathy said...

Your cookies look delicious! They don't seem as thin as mine did. I'd love one with a tall glass of milk now! Oh, your granite is gorgeous! How exciting - hope you'll share pics once it's in!!

Katrina said...

Wow, I think your cookies look really good, really! Glad they were such a hit!

Linda said...

You're awesome for going old school and mixing by hand. Your cookies look pretty darn tasty!

Liz said...

Those ARE beautiful! I think there's something lovely about hand-mixed cookies, and I actually think they often come out better because the butter and sugar don't get over-whipped. Love it.

Leslie said...

These look sooo yummy! I love pecans in my cookies!

Mimi said...

Your cookies look great. Mixing by hand maybe just be the ticket.
Mimi

Teanna DiMicco said...

OK your cookies look like they should be sold in a bakery! They are perfect! Gorgeous job!

Anonymous said...

Much as I love my KitchenAid, it's very satisfying to mix a batch of cookies by hand. Great looking cookies!

TeaLady said...

Seems like it was 50/50 on liking/not liking these. Yours look yummy! Nothing better with milk.

Soy*Baby said...

Your cookies look great. I hope you love your granite counters when they are finally installed. You won't regret it.

Valerie Gamine said...

Those cookies are big and beautiful, Good call on using pecans! I can't wait until next week's TWD. :D

Melissa said...

Your cookies came out picture perfect! And I was totally drooling over your countertops in the post above! :-)

Shandy said...

Love the way your cookies turned out. . . Delicious!

AmyRuth said...

Wow you cookies look really nice. I've seen many that are so thin. What's your secret. I can see why they disappeared and your family loved them.
AmyRuth

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Wow!! yours turned out so nice!

Anonymous said...

these look sooooooooo good.