Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mountain Cookies

I made these super pretty yummy cookies for Christmas and had to share with you. These cookies are absolutely wonderful. I hope you will try this recipe! Mountain Cookies
Ingredients 1 cup butter, softened 1 cup confectioners sugar 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp salt FILLING; 1 package(3 ounces) cream cheese , softened 1 cup confectioners sugar 2 tbsp all -purpose flour 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts 1/2 cup flaked coconut TOPPING: 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips 2 tbsp butter 2 tbsp water 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
Directions In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls; place 2 in apart on ungreased baking sheets. Make a deep indention in the center of each cookie. Bake at 350* for 12-14 min. or until the edges just start to brown. Remove to counter to cool completely. For the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Add pecans and coconut; mix well. Spoon 1/2 tsp into each cookie. For topping, heat chocolate chips, butter and water in a small saucepan until melted. Stir in sugar, Drizzle over cookies.

7 comments:

Shandy said...

These cookies always make me drool Michelle. So delicious looking and here I am trying to stay away from sweets for a little while. I am just sugared out.

The Philly's your hubby used to get at Giatano's sound familiar. I think Giatano's had a brief stint on Food Network. Larry is from Chicago and LOVES his Philly's so getting them right was important to me. I practiced with a quite a few variations before finding the right one for him.

How the heck do you start playing World Cafe? I downloaded the program thing I think but how do you actually go and start a cafe?

Shandy said...

BTW, Friday, I am purchasing a program called Artiseer 2, used for putting blogs together the easy way. I was learning actual computer programming language to create a blog layout and short circuited. This program is amazing! Oh, and I have got to show you my new aprons I have been trying to sew. Red rose fabric and cute rhinestone buttons on the top front. So cute!

Talk to you soon, Shandy

Cristine said...

Oh....my... YUM!!!

spike. said...

Those sound really cool- never heard of a cookie like them!

Eliana said...

These cookies sound wonderful! Hope you had a happy hooliday.

Michele said...

These cookies look so yummy with the coconut and the nuts!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

These cookies look good and sound good. I guess I have to make them to find out if they taste good. Now, that is a good idea.