Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

TWD Sables

Happy Holidays! It's time for another wonderful TWD recipe. I'm so happy to be baking along with you all this week. And to bake cookies...I'm in paradise. Baking cookies is one of my favorite things to do! Thank you ..... Barbara of Bungalow Barbara- for choosing Sablés. You can find the recipe on pages 131-133 in Dories cookbook. I admire the pictures other TWD participants take of their food. I drool over close up shots of food that looks so delicious. Cookies are so fun to bake but how many exciting pictures can you take of a cookie!? I decided they need to be in different surroundings or else it's much to boring. SO I guess this is as creative as I can get....Sables in red.....Sables in a tree... The sables turned out to be Buttery sugar delights. One bite makes you think of Christmas morning and New Years wrapped in one! I love them!

37 comments:

Shelby said...

Michelle, I take photos in all different positions and settings ;o) I just choose what I think is the best one for my blog. I really like your White Christmas tree one! I think I should open my Baking cookbook again and actually make these. They look very festive!

Deeva said...

I love baking cookies too. Don't get me wrong I love baking and decorating cake, but the ease and goodness of a good gookie...mmmm. I also loved this TWD and your Christmas tree pic.

Paula said...

Tower of sables?? LOL. Your post made me laugh. I agree it is sometimes hard to come up with something different for "plain" cookies.

Amanda said...

Love your different pictures! LOL I thought these were pretty tasty :)

Valerie Gamine said...

I love your photos, they are pefectly fesitve for this time of year. But I know how difficult cookies can be to work with when it comes to pictures. They are so flat and one-dimensional. :>

chocolatechic said...

One bite makes you want to have another, and another till you look down and they are all gone.

Then you have to make more and the cycle continues. aaahh.

Fabulous cookie.

Tia said...

Yours look super buttery and especially tender. Awesome!

Megan said...

Ha ha - I love their photo shoot - very creative.

Tina said...

Yummy. Can't wait to start baking.

Anonymous said...

It's the perfect time of year to be inside baking batch after batch of warm cookies, isn't it? Yours look just right for the holiday season.

miss kate said...

chiming in on the supermodel cookie shoot love. I felt the same way about photographing mine!

Teanna DiMicco said...

I'm loving that tower of sables!

Susan said...

Great photos!! I love Snow in Idaho with the tree the best! So creative!

welcometomyfrontporch said...

The first picture in your post, I kid you not, I thought it was pork loin. haha!!! Serena at the Farms Chicks is hosting a cookie recipe exchange. If I baked cookies a lot, I'd participate, but I'm looking forward to reading new recipes. Enjoy the snow! We are in the midst of a blizzard right now.

Cakelaw said...

I love your backdrops - they're great! I also like the coloured sugar - I couldn't find my coloured sugar so I just used white.

dharmagirl said...

such cute photos. and such versatile cookies:)

Bungalow Barbara said...

Thank you for baking along with me this week!

I love all your picture ideas!

Engineer Baker said...

Cookies are always difficult, in my opinion. I'm not very creative, so oh well :P They look wonderful though!

Jules Someone said...

My photos are usually lousy. Good thing the cookies tasted delicious, though. Made up for it.

Anonymous said...

Your cookies look great with the colored sugar, and I bet they had fun at their photo session!

Hindy said...

I love your cookies in the snow. Great visual image!

Maria said...

We got a ton of snow today:( Nice job on the sables

TeaLady said...

LOVE IT!!! Traveling cookies. I like trying different arrangements.

Food design is fun!

Amber Marie said...

Love all the photos - very creative!

Jacque said...

I too struggle with how to make cookies look interesting in photos.... maybe if they didn't get eaten so fast that would help.

Anyway, nice job getting some good backgrounds for these cute cookies.

Katrina said...

Ahh, fun photos! Yummy cookies.

Soy*Baby said...

Your sables look wonderful. Love the tower and the sables in the snow. Too cute.

Michele said...

What a pretty cookie display. They look really delicious!

Barbara said...

Fun photos and delicious cookies!

Anonymous said...

lucky lucky you, that you get snow :) we had an actual snow day here in houston. but that's probably the only day we'll get for the next few years!! so soak it up!!!

beautiful cookies!

Hanaâ said...

Very cute, Michelle. The colored sugar crystals make these cookies really pretty. I love the different backgrounds you used. I'm surprised you didn't drill holes in the cookies and hang them in the Xmas tree :o) Just kidding!!

I spoke too soon, btw. We have about 6-7 inches of snow right now. Good thing I have AWD otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get out of the garage without shoveling first :o)

Heather said...

Lovely cookies and you have arranged them so imaginatively!

Pamela said...

Very creative! Love all the pictures!

Liz said...

Aw, all of those photos are so cute. Great styling!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Welcome back! :) Love all the fun backdrops for your cookies!

Kayte said...

The colored sugars in Christmas colors just make it all look like a party! They were so delicious, seeing yours just makes me want to get out the butter and start all over!

The Mortensens said...

I like your sables. They look very festive! I know what you mean about taking pictures of cookies. The close up picture and the one with the Christmas tree were my favorite.