Here is the recipe for the cookies...
Soft Molasses Cookies
Ingredients:
3/4 cup shortening( I use butter Crisco sometimes and butter other times )
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
Directions :
Combine shortening, sugar, molasses and egg..beat well.
Combine dry ingredients and add to above mixture.
Chill for 10 min.
Roll in 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
Bake at 350* for 8-10 min.
You may want to double this recipe! Enjoy...
Pamela of Cookies with Boys picked the Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies on pages 76 and 77. Thanks Pamela for the great choice! You can check out her blog for Dorie's recipe. http://cookieswithboys.blogspot.com/
30 comments:
They look wonderful! I made these last week and we loved them. I made the cran apple crisp this week, so good!
Thanks for sharing the recipe for your favorite molasses cookies. I have to try them just as soon as I can! The molasses cookies dipped in white chocolate are just beautiful.
Great idea to dip them in white chocolate! I'm not big on molasses flavor, so I bet I'd like your cookie recipe a lot!
We loved these cookies at our house. Yum!
Ooh, ooh, ooh--the white chocolate sounds fab! I'll have to try that. I was surprised last year when I tried chocolate and ginger and liked it, but never thought of white chocolate!
And I'll have to try your recipe, because I thought Dorie's were a little strong on the molasses, too. Great!
These look delicious with the white chocolate! Yummy
Your cookies really look great, and I can only imagine how delicious they must have been dipped in white chocolate! Wow!!!!
They look so wonderful.
Those look delicious!
What a great idea to dip them in white chocolate. They look fantastic!!
I'm going to have to try your version - they sound perfect.
White chocolate looks and sounds like a delicious addition!
Oh man, I bet they were great dipped in white chocolate. These were a surprise hit here.
Your cookies look so yummy with that white chocolate! I made the apple crisps this week and might be trying the cookies next week.
What a brilliant idea to dip them in white chocolate! They look delicious.
Great job! They look great dipped in white chocolate!
Oh heavens. I never even thought about this. WITH, definitely WITH! Your cookies look delicious!!!!!
I love the idea of dipping them in white chocolate. I will definitely have to try that!
Mmm, the white chocolate sounds interesting. I'll bet that was good.
Yes, Dorie's recipe was very molassas-y.
My goodness, they look fantastic with white chocolate. They were quite spicy, so I think the sweet white chocolate would be a wonderful contrast.
I love the white chocolate addition!
What a great idea to dip these in chocolate - YUM! Thanks for sharing your recipe; Dorie's is the first molasses cookie I ever made, and I loved them so much that I'm on a mission to try other molasses cookie recipes! Yours will be next on my list.
These look great. I would have never thought of dipping in white chocolate! I loved these even though I'm not big on molassess. I love that you got the other recipe from a book.
I would love to try the cookies with the white chocolate!
First of all...LOVED the apron post. So great! Now the cookies...I almost dipped some of mine into chocolate, but never did. I'm a procrastinator! These just look wonderful.
Your cookies look fantastic and so pretty with the white chocolate dip - it would make a Christmas plate of cookies extra special! =)
Your cookies melted in your mouth? The Beau said my cookies would be great dipping cookies - dipped in a cup of coffee. Needless to say, the first batch came out extra crunchy! Still love it though!
Love your apron post. I think my mom had one of those patterns.
The white chocolate is so pretty on the cookies. Package them in a tin and you could sell them.
These look so delicious and I love that you dipped them.
This looks like a great cookie to try for the holidays.
dipping them in chocolate is such a great idea! we loved these (although we ate them plain). Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment