It's Sweet Melissa Time! Today is...
November 15 and we made Butter Toffee Crunch by Kaitlin of Kait’s Plate!
Thank you
Katilin for choosing this recipe. Be sure to check out her blog if you want it!
http://www.kaitsplate.com/
My niece Alicia came over for a visit... We made the toffee then went outside....

She loves this old bike I have.

We went for a walk/ride around our block while the toffee was setting up...

My daughter took some random shots of things and me on our walk!
My niece and my daughter....

My other daughter and Alicia having fun talking about soccer...

OK sorry I just wanted to share the photos...on to what you really came to see...
Here is the toffee right after I poured it in to the pan and added the chocolate chips to melt

Here it is sitting and waiting for us to eat it...

My toffee
definitely does not have a crunch, it came out soft and chewy like caramel. I was worried about scorching the toffee mixture. I'm pretty sure I took it off the burner to early. No one complained, they enjoyed the soft caramel texture.

Just a quick note. I did half the recipe. I also put it in the freezer ,it firmed right up and gave it the crunch I was looking for!
16 comments:
Yum! Looks like you all had a good day.
soft or hard caramel is delicious for me! at least it won't feel like I'm losing teeth while I eat it.
Great photos! We went on a bike ride yesterday too - the weather is just perfect this time of year.
Sorry to hear that the toffee didn't crunch - I'd like to make that recipe for my mom, she loves toffee!
Looks good! I agree with Steph's comments. As much as I love toffee, eating it does come with with dental hazards!
Looks great even w/o the crunch!
We're having gorgeous weather today - would have been perfect for a bike ride. Alas, it'll be gone soon and the roads will be covered in snow.
Your toffee looks great! I'm sure it was just as delicious with a soft texture.
I think I would prefer the soft toffee. Yours looks great! I love bicycles and rented one while in San Francisco last year just to bike across the Golden Gate bridge.
I love your photos!!! Maybe not crunchy is good? I keep worrying about breaking a tooth!
Looks good. I will have to make this. We have been showing our house every day and today at our Open house we had 60 plus people come. We didn't have dinner at home but one night this week. anyway, I do want to try this yours looks delicious.
It looks lovely! I quite like the sound of a softer caramel texture... I know what you mean about worrying that it would scorch though! Thankfully mine was fine. The clear up was the worst bit as I got toffee EVERYWHERE!!
Looks SO good!
Such cute photos and I think your toffee looks yummy.
Looks like a fun day, it's nice your girls have a cousin the same age! They toffee looks yummy too! I don't know if mine came out the right consistency either, but it hasn't stopped us from eating it!
Hi Michelle!
How are you? Sorry it's been so long since I've stopped by and said hello- things have been kind of crazy, but I have really missed talking with you each week after SMS postings. I hope you're doing well and would love to hear from you soon.
I'm glad you and your family had a fun day spending some quality time together. Your toffee looks absolutely fantastic- great job! I'm so glad you had success with this candy (even if it turned out a little softer than expected). I had a bit of trouble with mine, but I went back with a different recipe and had much better luck.
I hope you're doing well and having a fabulous start to your week. Can't wait to talk to you again soon :)
<3,
Joy
this looks great!
Ah, I think the freezer definitely helps. I put mine in the freezer not because I thought it was going to be chewy but because I didn't want to wait for it to cool down at room temperature. Maybe that's why mine turned out well!
I'm glad you could make this recipe a family affair.
Post a Comment