Search This Blog
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
TWD Apple and Pear Crisp
It's time for Tuesday with Dorie! This week I decided to make the Crisp.
Em of The Repressed Pastry Chef selected Cran-Apple Crisps on page 422. Here is the link to her blog , if you would like the recipe
http://therepressedpastrychef.com/2009/11/10/cran-apple-crisps/#more-1127
Instead of cranberries I added pears with the apples!
Before the oven....
After....
So delicious with the ice cream! The topping was just as incredible as everyone said it was! We really enjoyed it!
My husband has been gone a lot lately. He came home late one night with these pretty yellow roses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
I love crisps. That sugary crunch yummy topping is just irresistible!
Your hubby is good with the flowers Michelle!
What I wouldn't do for the simplicity of a delicious crisp right now, with a side of icecream:D
Isn't it fabulous!! I made this last week and am making it again on Wednesday night for dessert with family :)
Aw. Your husband is a sweetie!
I made the crisp this week too and we enjoyed it.
Yep, I loved the topping too! That's so nice of your husband!
I love crisps too. On sunday I took the apple/pecan crisp to church for potluck. And...you have a sweet husband.
Your crisp looks great and I bet the pear really made it amazing!! I made this recipe this week too! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I thought a side of ice cream was perfect with this crisp. Warm and crunchy alongside cool and creamy. Yum! Such pretty flowers, too...
How sweet of your husband to bring you those roses -- they're gorgeous. Yellow roses are my favorite, they always have been.
On to the crisp, it looks so good! Especially with that lovely scoop of ice cream.
That looks so good, especially with the ice cream! The pear/apple combination sounds great.
How nice of your husband to bring you those pretty roses!
....looks so wonderful. Would love to live RIGHT next door to you.
I love a good crisp and the flowers are gorgeous! I love yellow!
WOW! That crisp looks awesome!!!!
Those roses are beautiful.:)
Ciao ! I love the idea of pears ! Great roses !!
I loved the crisp too - but I'll take flowers instead any day!
That looks delicious. Thanks for sharing that the topping was really good. Will have to give that a try since I have Dorie's book. I really liked Sweet Melissa's ginger crumble recipe too.
The roses are beautiful. How sweet of your husband to bring you a bunch of them!
I wish I could have made the Crisp - just can't eat it all myself! It looks delish. Beautiful flowers!
Yum! Pears sound good. Apples aer sometimes just a little too tart for me and I love how sweet pears are.
Pretty flowers!
I love the pear substitution - a perfect flavour combo. And the yellow roses are just lovely!
Such a yummy crisp and the flowers are so pretty!
Post a Comment