It's Sunday November 8 and time for Sweet Melissa Sunday. Pear Cranberry Muffins with Gingersnap Crumble by Jennifer of Maple N’ Cornbread is the recipe for today. Thank you Jennifer for hosting this weeks recipe. Be sure to check out her blog for the recipe. http://maplencornbread.blogspot.com/
I was glad to get back into baking after a few stress filled months.
This recipe was easy and went together well. In place of the milk I used buttermilk. I chose to use blueberries in place of the cranberries and was very pleased with the results. I remember the muffin dough was super thick from the last time we made it. My muffins are definitely dense in texture but taste good. I think the gingersnap crumble topping adds just the right amount of crunch and sweetness.oo
I made 12 regular size muffins and 12 mini muffins.
Before the oven...
After ...
16 comments:
I did the same as you I made 6 more rather than make just the 12 and they were much better and not so heavy.I'll post mine after church. I thought they were delicious.
Thanks for baking with me this week! Great idea on making more, I added a bit more milk to mine and it seemed to help! Great pics!
I love that you made these with blueberries. Your muffins look great, mini muffins are so fun.
Great job on the muffins! I love that you made minis - they're so cute. I always forget about my mini muffin pan :) I thought these muffins were great - perfect flavors for fall!
I'm glad things are leveling out for you! I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I've been thinking about you.
The muffins look wonderful. I didn't get a chance to make them. I'm hoping I'll be able to make them sometime this week.
Your muffins look great! I thought about doing minis too with the extra and after I had started filling the tins, I realized that this would have made a great loaf of bread. These were delicious.
Great idea with the minis and blueberries. The crumble was my favorite part too.
Great looking muffins! Glad you loved these! Blueberries sound like a great addition.
Yummmmmmmmmmmm i love blueberries! Great sub! They look amazing.
Oooo, pear blueberry! How yummy that sounds! Your muffins look great!
Great job on the muffins. And I love all of your antique finds, especially the non-antique picture you put over your piano. Gorgeous!!
Great looking muffins. Love the crumble!
Yum! These look amazing.
The muffins look so nice and crumbly! It's good to hear they worked well with other fruit, too.
I love your mini muffin idea. These muffins were so tasty that I made another batch and used blueberries instead of pears. Yum! (my SMS post is finally up!) :o)
Blueberries sound wonderful! I;ll have to try that one some time.
Post a Comment