Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TWD Applesauce Spice Bars

My sweet little hummel figurine had to see what I baked this week : ) I can't believe summer is all most over. Fall is all ready in the air here. Our mornings have been in the 30s...brrrr! The kids start back to school Monday the 24th. It's bitter sweet. Today I hit the open road with my husband and best friend, to the place we met 24 years ago. No kids, just us and three days of freedom! Aug. 19 we celebrate 20 years of being married! I am so blessed. Before the oven..... After the oven.... I love the way the apple chunks peek through the glaze!
First big slice.... August 18- Karen of Something Sweet by Karen picked Applesauce Spice Bars on pages 117 and 118. Thanks Karen! These bars are great! I love them and so did my family!

21 comments:

Every Day Blessings said...

Those look delicious! Have a great time with your hubby! Dusty and I celebrated 20 years this year, It is big.My kids started back to school this week, i am not ready for all the craziness but here we go.....

Cakelaw said...

Your hummel figurine is gorgeous! As are your spice bars. I cheated on the size and made them bigger than the 32 servings Dorie suggested - the food stylist cannot possibly have made 32 bars of the size in the photo from the single recipe.

Megan said...

Your post really struck me - I am NOT ready for the kids to go back to school. It's too soon! Whatever happened to school starting in September? Or am I just dating myself here?

Happy Anniversary - 20 years - WOW - that's quite an accomplishment.

Jeannette said...

your bars looks great! and congrats on the big 20!!! that's an amazing feat :)

Steph said...

I like the apple chunks that are peaking otu too!

Kayte said...

Yum and how cute is that Hummel figure in those photos? Your bars look wonderful. Happy Anniversary and safe travel wishes for your little trip!

natalia said...

Ciao !Beautiful bars !! Lots of congratulations on your anniversary !! I envy your cool mornings ! We are expecting two Saharian days !!

Melissa said...

Happy anniversary! Your bars look great!

Maria said...

I love these bars! I made them last fall, so good!

Unknown said...

Congrats and hope you have a lot of fun! I can not believe it is 30F anywhere. I wake up and it is already hot and humid in the wee hours of the morning!

Leslie said...

What a sweet post! I love how your Hummel is modeling your bars. I hope you guys have a fun time together!

TeaLady said...

those look fantastic.

Love these with and without the glaze.

Katrina said...

Happy Anniversary.
Love your post here.
Great looking bars.

Cristine said...

Your bars look great! Happy anniversary!

margot said...

Great photos! Happy anniversary, enjoy your vacation!

Isabelle said...

Your applesauce bars look gorgeous!
Happy anniversary!

Soy*Baby said...

These look wonderful. Congrats on 20 years and have a great trip.

Shandy said...

Your bars look perfect Michelle! BTW, HELLO!!! My oven is broken and I am totally bumming but I know when I get a new one, I will be breaking it in immediately =D. The figurine with the bars is adorable! Hugs, Shandy

Anonymous said...

i love the little figurine! glad you liked the bars. and congrats to you on 20 years of marriage!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the figurine! I'm glad the bars were a success.

Jules Someone said...

Is it bad that I'm totally ready for my kids to go back to school? Yummy bars!