Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2009

SMS Hazelnut Truffles

It's Sunday August 16 and time for: Hazelnut Truffles by Annie of Living Life Foodcariously!! Thanks Annie for a fun choice. I have never ever made truffles so this was a great experience for me. I made these late Friday night and was so tired I rolled them extra big. My family did not complain at all. Everyone loved the them. I used Hazelnuts for half and almonds for the other half. I also used almond extract for the almond truffles. I'm not a big candy lover so these were OK to me, but my family really enjoyed these truffles.

20 comments:

Cristine said...

Glad your family loved them!

Every Day Blessings said...

They look delicious! I went to a ladies conference yesterday and they served us truffles. I didn't make these as was too busy with vacation.I'm ready for next week.

Stephanie said...

Mm, almonds, too! Yumm. They look great, I'm glad your fam enjoyed them!

Leslie said...

Bigger truffles is never a bad thing, and these look especially yummy!

Katiecakes said...

So glad you had so much fun making these! They look super yummy!

Katie xox

Nina said...

Glad your family liked them!

melissadc76 said...

Looks really yummy, Michelle.

margot said...

Glad your family enjoyed the truffles, they look yummy! They were a bit rich for me, but they were fun to make.

Michele said...

I'm glad that your truffles were a hit! They look great!

Mrs. G said...

Looking good! I'm glad your fam liked them.

Mermaid Sews said...

Nice truffles. Glad you liked them. Was my first time too, can't believe how easy it was.

k.a.r.e.n said...

I love almonds too! I went with cashews instead. Glad your family enjoyed them.

Sarah said...

How great that you tried two different nuts - was there a favorite? This was a really fun recipe, I'm glad you enjoyed making them and your family enjoyed eating them!

Hanaâ said...

Great job on your first truffle making experience. I'm glad your family enjoyed them.

Jennifer said...

Im glad that your family liked these! The almonds sound like a nice use!

Lauren said...

the bigger, the better!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!

You're too funny, rolling the truffles "XL!" I ended up rolling mine twice because the first time I ended up with only 2 1/2 dozen, and since you were supposed to get 4 1/2 dozen, I realized I was a bit overzealous. Whoops! I'm sure if I left them alone they still would have been a hit with my tasters, just as they were with your family.

I'm super excited to be hosting SMS this week, and I really hope you will bake along with me- it just wouldn't be the same without you! Hope you're doing well, and I look forward to talking to you again soon :)

-Joy

Jeannette said...

i've never made truffles either but it appears we both fared well. ha my mom actually asked me if making truffles was possible. i said i certainly hope so!!

Fit Chick said...

They look great, and your first time making them, yummy loking.

Anonymous said...

the almonds sound like they would be delicious. Great job!