
It's Sunday August 23 and time for Sweet Melissa Sundays. Today we have Mom's Banana Apple Bread by Joy of Hot Oven, Warm Heart...
http://hotovenwarmheart.wordpress.com/ Thank you Joy for choosing such a wonderful yummy recipe. Be sure to check out Joy's blog. She is a sweet person and I have enjoyed getting to know her.



I was a little hesitant to add the apples to my banana bread(I have never heard of it before) I thought the mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla sounded wonderful, so I went for it. I'm so glad I used the apple mixture, it was delicious and made the bread extra good. I did not have any Orange Juice so I left that out. The brown sugar liquid from the apple mixture made up for it!


My family loved this bread and I thought it tasted perfectly good. Next time I will add walnuts and maybe a pecan crumble mixture on top! This bread is going down on my bake again list!
19 comments:
The apples did really make the bread. It was different and I really enjoyed it and it seemed like you did too!
<3
Your bread looks great!
The apples were different but worth it. Your bread looks great.
We loved this and its going down on my bake again list too!
Yours looks delicious!
Hi Michelle!
Thanks so much for baking along with me this week, and for your extremely sweet comments both here in your post and on my blog. It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know you these past few months as well! :)
I'm so glad you enjoyed the banana bread, and went for the caramelized apples- aren't they just the perfect addition? I love the little bites of appley goodness throughout each slice! Your loaf came out fantastic, and you'll have to let me know if you make it again with the walnuts or pecan crumble topping... oohhh man, does that sound good!
Hope you're doing well and having a wonderful summer weekend! Look forward to hearing from you again soon!
<3,
Joy
i thought this was a definite bake-again too!
I thought about sprinkling cinnamon sugar on top. I'm glad I didn't this time, but I definitely think I will next time. A pecan crumble sounds delicious too!
I couldn't agree more with you - the apples made this banana bread awesome! Your bread looks terrific. I'm glad it was a hit :)
Your bread looks great! I like your topping ideas for next time.
The apples really are a wonderful addition to this bread. So yummy...
I love the apples & bananas! Never did before. Your bread looks fantastic.
Yeah, I had never heard of apples and banana bread either, but hear it was fantastic
this bread was amazing, wasn't it? the apples were a bit odd to me as well but i figured anything with sugar and cinnamon had to be good! and it was!!! i will be baking this again!!
I like your idea for the pecan crumble on top! I can't wait to make this one again
Was thinking of a crumble topping also, but it was very good just by itself.
I'm glad it was a success for you. It looks great!
Yum!
Your loaves look great. I'm glad you liked them too. I loved the apple addition.
I haven't gotten the results from the fair yet. Hopefully by the end of the week. I'll try to post the results sometimes this weekend. I'm really excited to find out :o)
It's on my to bake again list too. Probably on a weekly basis ;)
Katie xox
Post a Comment