Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

TWD Brioche Blueberry Tart

Beautiful Brioche!
I can picture myself strolling down this quaint little lane with my husband nibbling on my Brioche. I'm sure I would have a French latte in one hand too!
Thank you Denise of Chez Us who picked Brioche Plum Tart on pages 54-55. Be sure to check out her blog for the recipe!
How fun this was to make. I usually am not a big fan of recipes that take forever to finish. But this time I had plenty to keep me busy in between the hours of waiting for this sweet delicate dough!
I did not bother to buy plums because I have tons of blueberries in my freezer. I used some fresh lemon zest to jazz it up some.
I looked online for some other versions of Brioche and here is what I found. Pumpkin, Chocolate, Almond ,French toast and cheese Brioche. I'm going to try Pumpkin this Fall.
This brioche is an amazing tart. I could eat this every morning with a Chai latte and be perfectly happy!

34 comments:

Cristine said...

Your tart looks gorgeous! I bet it was fantastic with the blueberries!

Sihan said...

i love that quaint little street too! could i tag along? *sniggers*. the blueberries look fantastic. I still exist in winter mode though, swopping plums for pears. It sure was a gorgeous looking thing.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Michelle, your brioche tart is beautiful! I'm making mine today and I hope it turns out as pretty as yours. I love that you used blueberries, great idea. What neat variations of brioche you discovered online, I'd love to try that pumpkin on in the fall too, sounds delicious :) Thanks for your sweet comments, sorry I haven't been around much, just so busy this summer, it seemed like last summer was so relaxed and I had a ton of time, and this summer is the total opposite. I'm hoping things quiet down a bit soon!

Megan said...

That sounds so romantic - strolling down a street with a latte in hand.

Ah, maybe someday when the kids are grown, right? :)

Isabelle said...

Your tart looks fantastic!
I love that you used blueberries, great idea.

Anonymous said...

I almost used blueberries! I was afraid they would be too juicy/runny - but I will try this with blueberries soon. :)

Teanna DiMicco said...

Can I join you on that trip? The tart looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Blueberries and lemon zest -- great idea. Your brioche looks great.

Hindy said...

I would love to try that wild plum jam. Your tarts look delicious!
you've given me a great idea - cheese, next time. Thanks!

Maria said...

Great use of blueberries! The tart looks great!

welcometomyfrontporch said...

That looks delicious! I loved the way you pictured yourself strolling with your husband with your French latte and Briche. It makes me want to do the same thing.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Beautiful! Blueberries sound wonderful! :)

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Just had to let you know that my tart is done, and yours looked so good with the blueberries that I switched from plums to blueberries at the last minute, thanks for the great idea :)

Anonymous said...

Your tart looks absolutely perfect! I love that you used blueberries. YUM.

Anonymous said...

I love that everyone was so creative with this recipe. The blueberries look terrific!

Tammy said...

your tart looks just beautiful!

Heather said...

Great idea to use blueberries - I found plums too overpowering.

Cathy said...

I totally think of this as a breakfast food too! Yours is stunningly gorgeous, and I love that you used blueberries!

Amanda said...

Wow that looks really great! I bet the blueberries were delicious!

Kayte said...

Love the bit about the French, etc., and your tart is so very French and beautiful. Great photos...I enjoyed each and every one, but especially the ones of your lovely tart!

Eliana said...

Your tart looks awesome. I really like that you chose blueberries for this.

Shandy said...

You are so funny! I love your brioche tart and pictures too! Just beautiful and the blueberries look perfect for summer.

Michele said...

Your brioche is gorgeous!

Steph said...

I love the bubbly juices from the blueberries. I think it might taste better than with plums or nectarines beecause they are more sour

TeaLady said...

Beautiful blueberries. Lovely tart.

Maria said...

You are coming to UT. Yea! will you be downtown SLC? Let me know the area and what type of food you like and I can send you some suggestions.

Pamela said...

I don't know why I didn't think to add some lemon zest! Looks great.

Every Day Blessings said...

The apron came and it's adorable, Thank You! I love it, it fits perfect and I will always think of you when I put it on.You are a dear friend. Who would have thought that after all these years we would have gotten back in touch. Many blessings to you!

Melissa said...

Your brioche is gorgeous! I bet it tasted fabulous with the blueberries!

Maria said...

Are you talking about Moochies? http://www.moochiesmeatballs.com I have never been there, I don't eat meat:) I hear it is good and cheap though. Here are my picks:

Tony Caputo's, Italian Deli:
http://www.caputosdeli.com/

Robin's Nest-sandwich place, only M-F though
http://www.robinsnestslc.com/

Settebello:a great pizza place
http://www.settebello.net/SLC/main.html

Aristo's-Greek food:
http://www.aristosrestaurant.com/

Red Iguana-Mexican
http://www.rediguana.com/home.html

Ruth's Diner-it's up Emmigration canyon, best breakfast! They give you homemade biscuits, that are SO good!
http://www.ruthsdiner.com/

Cafe Molise-nice Italian, great patio dining
http://www.caffemolise.com/Caffé_Molise/Caffé_Molise.html

Ok, I will stop for now, but if you want other suggestions please let me know. There is always Cafe Rio, a Mexican fast food type place. It is fresh and so good. I love their veggie salad and hubs loves their pork burrito.

Katrina said...

Wow, that's quite the positive plug for this brioche and I'm a little bummed I skipped it. I will definitely try it someday with so many liking it! Yours looks fab.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

OMG I have to make this, looks too good.

Audrey said...

time got away from me, and I didn't make this, but after seeing yours I want to! I honestly think it's the prettiest one I saw when I was visiting around. Your brioche crust is perfect!

I stayed in a little hotel on a little street like that the one time I went to Paris...could even have been the same street (too long ago to remember...but the photo brings back nice memories)!

Mermaid Sews said...

This tart looks amazing. I am so bummed I missed this one, I am so behind, ugh. Nicely done.