Sweet Melissas Sunday is here! We made....Whole Orange Poppy Seed Cake chosen by Melissa of Lulu the Baker ! A big thank you to Melissa for a wonderful pick! I enjoyed this recipe immensely !
Images of baking this fantastic recipe!
I was so happy with this recipe and the way the bread(I know it says cake, but it's sweet bread to me) came out. It had no dipping issues in the center and it was cooked all the way through! The taste of this bread is absolutely delectable. It's going on the list of one of my favorites! I made it at 8am because it has been way to warm in the afternoon to bake. My kids woke up to the fabulous aroma of orange and poppy seed. My daughter said, "Oh mom this is wonderful"!
I made this yesterday, but I still haven't posted it! eeek! It's delicious, isn't it. I'm so glad that it was a hit with your family. I'm going to try to get my post up tomorrow morning.
What a lovely compliment your daughter gave you, that must have warmed your heart! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed it- all my taste-testers did as well :) I love that you included pictures of the baking process too!
17 comments:
Yum! Your loaf looks so golden!
Katie xox
Looks great! It's amazing how much thicker your batter looks than mine did! I wonder if it's because I used lemon?
Your cake looks wonderful. YUM!
I need to add this to my sweet bread collection (and I think it's right to call it bread, because then you can legitimately eat it for breakfast...)
Your bread looks incredible. And it is now one of my favorites too.
And BTW - I left you an award on my blog!
I made mine for dessert, but we've been eating the leftovers for breakfast. What a treat! Thanks for baking with me this week!
I made the lemon version and loved it. Thought it was just the right sweet and tart.Yours looks wonderful.
I loved that heart shaped plate! and yours looks so yummy!
It is a third post I see on this cake and they all look amazing!
I made this yesterday, but I still haven't posted it! eeek! It's delicious, isn't it. I'm so glad that it was a hit with your family. I'm going to try to get my post up tomorrow morning.
Yum. Looks beautiful. Thanks for the step-by-step pictures.
that looks great! I'm having this for breakfast this morning
Your loaf looks fantastic.
Nice photos, your bread/cake looks amazing. Glad you liked it, word from hubby was his worked LOVED it.
What a lovely compliment your daughter gave you, that must have warmed your heart! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed it- all my taste-testers did as well :) I love that you included pictures of the baking process too!
-Joy
Your bread looks fantastic!
Your cake looks delicious!
Post a Comment