Thank you Melissa Murphy for choosing this weeks recipe. I'm excited to say these cookies were good and a big hit with my family. Especially with Steven. He loves his cookies crispy and these offered a lot of crisp!! My first batch came out a tad bit darker. I baked the second and third batch less and they were more to my liking.
Baking cookies is such a peaceful time for me. I have so many memories tucked away in my heart from days in the kitchen baking. I can remember when I was 10 I really started liking baking. You could always find me in the kitchen baking cookies. I had two older brothers who were my fan club, because they got to eat.. They were constantly steeling my cookie dough while my back was turned. Now that I'm 40 something, in my own kitchen with all of my own stuff I can bake to my hearts content. I will always treasure those years at my parents home, when life was so carefree. I can't open a cupboard and find all the ingredients unless I buy them. As a child I was so blessed to have a mom and Grandma who encouraged me with my baking and helped me a lot. I hope I can pass these skills on to my three kids and they will remember a home filled with love and cookies.
22 comments:
Great post - I have lots of cookie memories from my childhood, too. What a wonderful thing to be able to pass on to your kids!
Sounds like you and I had similar childhoods - I was always in the kitchen with my brothers eating everything I made!
it might sound silly, but i've never tried almonds in chocolate chip cookies, and i'm definitely all about adding nuts to mine
I am really glad I still have a cookie to munch on after seeing your tower!
I never could just eat the canned frosting - the cookie dough was bad enough though!
Yummy looking cookies - love the SM! :)
I love the almonds in these!
Love the cookie SM for sweet Melissa!
What a great post! Your cookies look great!
This is a great cookie!
I am so teary eyed right now. How sweet! Cookies are such a wonderful past time because it takes such a short time to whip the dough together and the enjoyment shared is huge. I love your chocolate chip cookies with toasted almonds. Beautiful! =D
I'm glad your family enjoyed these cookies. I think it was a good recipe!
Your cookies look delicious!
Mm your almond chunks look great in there! Yum!
Good post. I am so glad I hung out in the kitchen when I was young too.
Joyce
Great cookies. I love the sweet memories you associate with baking!
Hi Michelle!
Your post was truly touching about the wonderful memories you have of baking in your childhood kitchen. I too was blessed with a Grandmother who bestowed in me a love of cooking, for which I will be forever thankful. Your cookies came out great and I love the spelled out SM... too cute! :) I hope to talk to you again after next weekend's recipe!
-Joy
I love your post this week! I wish I had memories of baking from when I was a child. I definitely want to bake with my future children. Your cookies look great! I loved this recipe :)
Such a sweet post :)
Katie xox
YUM. I'm going to have to go back and make these when I have time.
I've got to try these SMS ccc's! Love the lettering!
Your cookies look great, love the SM.
lovely cookies. i smell them right now and wouldn't mind having a few!!!
Post a Comment