The beginning of the run was up a trail, at a local park, in our town....
My friend Katie and I ran a 5 K together a few weeks ago. I just got some photos of the race day..... Sorry some of them are small.
Trying to keep warm before the race.....
Me on the right going for the last 1/2 mile of the race!
Passing some chick on the road!

My friend Katie has her great running shirt on she wears for every race....
The running crew from my church....
I purchased this book and just got through reading it. I have started following the training guide but I'm not sure I like it. I really believe it can make you faster, however, I like to run long distances and they have more speed work in the training than I'm used too. I'm still going to follow it and see how my next run goes! The first workout was a mile warm up. 4x400 at a faster pace and than a mile cool down .The speed work made me feel sick to my stomach. I'm sure I just need to get used to this new way of training.
Me on the right going for the last 1/2 mile of the race!
Passing some chick on the road! 
My friend Katie has her great running shirt on she wears for every race....
The running crew from my church....
I purchased this book and just got through reading it. I have started following the training guide but I'm not sure I like it. I really believe it can make you faster, however, I like to run long distances and they have more speed work in the training than I'm used too. I'm still going to follow it and see how my next run goes! The first workout was a mile warm up. 4x400 at a faster pace and than a mile cool down .The speed work made me feel sick to my stomach. I'm sure I just need to get used to this new way of training.
5 comments:
The 5k looks like it was so much fun! Do you do your training on a track? I'm just wondering about the speed work parts of the workout. I have a track near my house but I HATE running on tracks so I tend to avoid it at all costs. I'm trying to motivate myself to sign up for the Marine Corps Marathon this October to get myself back in the running habit. I'm having trouble committing to training for it though!
Off to post my TWD! Thanks for sharing all of the race fun.
Wow. That's awesome. I wish I had to nerve to start running. I've just started walking, so I guess that's a start. Is that how you stay so thin baking all these awesome desserts? ;)
Thanks for sharing the race photos, looks like a good running community. I did a fun (flat and great weather) 10K on Memorial Day.
I'll have to check out that book. I don't think I will like doing speed work, but I know it's really the only way to get faster.
Great run! I did my first half marathon this past fall, and it was really exciting. I wish you lived closer so that we could train for a run together. It's such a great way to relax and clear your mind. I may have to check out this book, too!
Great job!!! This looks like so much fun...I hope you rewarded yourself with a nice treat after! :)
Post a Comment