Thank you Heather of Sherry Trifle for choosing this weeks recipe of Fresh Ginger and Chocolate Gingerbread. You can find it in Dories cookbook, From my home to yours, on page 212.
Gingerbread cookies are so good.
And who can forget Ginger from Gilligan's island!

One of my best friends name is Ginger, I love her!
I love Starbucks Gingerbread lattes.
I like making Gingerbread houses every Christmas.
Gingerbread cookies are so good.
And who can forget Ginger from Gilligan's island!
Now I'm happy to add another Ginger to my list... Ginger BREAD. I'm not going to fib. I did not care for it last night ,fresh out of the oven, 30 min. later. The ginger was way to strong.
After letting it sit for the night and having a chunk today it's great. I was about to trash it but now I may eat the rest! Here is my Idaho gingerbread cake! The white dot is where I live.

33 comments:
that idaho..haha. Its hilarious how you actually bothered to shape it that way. hehe. Anywya, I'm just glad you enjoyed it in the end. Would have been such a waste to throw it all.
Love your Idaho cake! :)
Talk about state pride! :o) I agree with you, the cake was SO GOOD the next day. I really, really loved it.
You are so awesome!
Nice job! :)
Cute! I love the Starbucks Gingerbread Latte too!
I love the Idaho cake, too funny!!
hahah LOVE that Idaho gingerbread cake! super cute!
LOVE your blog! That is way cool the way you decorated your cake. And thanks for stopping by this morning and for the encouragement. I need all I can get with this new toy/hobby/violin. I think it is a beautiful instrument. I'm hoping I can learn something on it! Have you tried the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte? YUMMMMMMM
OMG -- it's Idaho!! Wait, no, it's gingerbread! No . . . it's Idaho gingerbread! I LOVE it! You are so much fun.
Your gingerbread looks great, and I enjoyed the rundown of other noteworthy gingers that we know and love.
I love most things ginger - but she is quite temperamental - she can be quite domineering at times! Love your post (gingerbread latte's are my FAVORITE!)
Glad it tasted good in the end!
LOL I love your Idaho cake!
I love that post...it is too cute!
Hilarious! :) Glad you ended up liking and not trashing it!
Now, I wish I had thought of baking a cake in the shape of Massachusetts, but if I did someone probably would have eaten Cape Cod. So, being from Idaho, have you ever made that chocolate cake with mashed potato in it (there's actually such a recipe out there)?
I just loved the Idaho cake. It was too cute, especially the little dot!
I'm so old, I watched Gilligan's Island growing up. Woo Hoo Ginger, Mary Ann wants some GingerBread!! AR AR. Seriously, now I know what I must do with my dried out gingerbread. Thanks for the tips. Glad you had fun too.
AmyRuth
I love your pretty designs on your gingerbread and your ode to ginger.
Love gingerbread. Funny cake. :)
Cute post...all those fun pictures. I am happy you liked it all!
I haven't thought about Ginger from Gilligan's Island for a while!
I haven't thought about Ginger from Gilligan's Island for a while!
I tried to make a gingerbread house ONCE. I used frosting to keep the walls together and every morning the house had fallen over.
I ended up using GLUE to keep it together. It wasn't until a few days later that I re-read the recipe, and it suggesting using straight pins as "nails." UGGHH!
Ha ha ha ha! What a cute cake! I'll be thinking of that for days.....
What's it like in Idaho right now? Lots of snow, probably. Sounds fun, and a gingerbread latte sounds positively dreamy right now. Especially when you live in the desert. :)
I love gingerbread lattes!! I just get so excited when I find other people who love them too. I also love your Idaho gingerbread, it's too cute. As a Texan (with our excessive pride), I totally appreciate state pride, regardless of the state.
Could gingerbread be the state cake of Idaho do you think??? Glad you liked it.
Isn't it great that (1) you ended up liking the cake and (2) it ended up in the shape of Idaho!! I like ginger the most when paired with the other Christmas spices.
Nancy
Well done, its a nice looking cake ;)
Love the Idaho shape and Ginger from GIsland! Great job and I'm glad you liked it the next day!
I like the Idaho gingerbread - glad you liked it too! Come to think of it, mine looked like Idaho at one point too. My mom spends part of her year up at Henrys Lake!
You are so funny! Love it. We need to be blog friends!
My gingerbread was distributed amongst co workers yesterday. Thank goodness for guinea pigs like them or else I would look like a cow.
Your gingerbread looks awesome! Nice job!
More ginger loves is never a bad thing. I know what you mean about the flavour being really strong out of the oven.
I love ginger too (gingersnaps, etc, etc), and I love the writing on your gingerbread - so cute! Great job!
That's really cute - gingerbread in the shape of Idaho! Yes, I agree it tastes much better the following day.
Post a Comment