A big thanks to Tammy of Wee Treats by Tammy for choosing Caramel-Peanut-Topped Brownie Cake, page 264 and 265. Be sure to check out here recipe!
I used my round stone instead of my spring form pan for this cake. Life is busy and I was making Oreo cookies for my friends, at the same time as this cake. I find myself doing that a lot! I decided the stone would be easier than dealing with the spring form pan.
The brownie mixture was a breeze to make and poured nicely into my pan. It was thick but very manageable. I only baked it for 35 min. and it was done.
I wasen't in the mood for peanuts so I decided to go through some recipes of mine and I found this Fudge Nut Glaze. I was thrilled because it only had 1/4 cup of sugar verses the 2 cups of sugar in Dories topping. I'm getting kind of sugared out these days! Here is the recipe I used for the topping! It's so easy and very very tasty! Oh and I used pecans..my favorite nut!!
Fudge Nut Glaze
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsps of light corn syrup
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cups chopped pecans
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients except nuts and vanilla in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Cook, stirring constantly , 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Cool 10 minutes;stir in nuts and vanilla.
After I made the topping I poured it on top of the brownie cake and let it set on the counter top for 10 minutes. It sliced perfectly and slipped right out of the pan. The glaze spread easily and was PERFECT with this brownie cake. I did not have any vanilla ice cream but plan to run to the store and get some.
My family and I were very pleased with this cake and I will make it again!
33 comments:
Ooo - fudge nut glaze sounds fantastic. Nice idea, and a great way to lower the sugar content in this.
Way to be creative! That fudge nut glaze sounds goooood. Glad you and the fam enjoyed the cake!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought
Your fudge nut glaze sounds perfect! I think I would have enjoyed that more than the caramel, even though I love caramel it just didn't work for me with this cake. I totally hear you on getting all 'sugared out' lately. Your cake looks great :)
Oh thank you! This fudge topping looks awesome and I am bookmarking the recipe!
Oooh... fudge nut glaze sounds scrumptious! Yum!
fudge on top sounds great. Since my caramel was a total flop, maybe I'll follow your lead and do the fudge next time. Great idea!
Your cake looks extra gooey and extra tasty! YUM!
that sounds like a great topping
oooOOOOoo
Fudge nut glaze....yummy
The fudge nut glaze sounds delicious!! I still have to bake mine...
Mmmm that fudge nut glaze sounds (and looks) SO good! Love that you took down the sugar, too!
Oh my that fudge nut glaze sounds amazing!
Oh, it all looks perfect . . . all of it! First, your batter -- it just LOOKS like it was destined to bake up all fudgy. Then your cake -- it looks so moist! Taking it out after 35 minutes sounds like the way to go -- I baked mine 5 or 10 minutes longer and thought it was a bit dry. Finally, your topping -- wonderful idea! I am sure that I would have liked that better than the caramel, for lots and lots of reasons.
and once again you scored with your innovative ways! fudge nut glaze.. there's this nice ring to it.. haha. Love it! i'm gonna have to do this brownie cake soon. argh..
I definitely would love this version a whole lot more than the original! This looks truly decadent. I need to give this one a try.
I'm going to try this cake again and use your fudge nut topping! It sounds fabulous!
Looks delicious and good for you on reducing the sugar. We all felt a little giddy around here after finishing off our pieces of this cake! I love pecans too!
The fudge looks delicious. Yum!
pecans would be delicious! thanks for making my pick
Your brownie cake looks delicious and your family LOVED it! Yay! I love your stone dish. . .very nice. It looks so yummy. =D
I haven't made my TWD yet. . .I will bake it tomorrow most likely because I am now working on a new construnction site and I now dig in gravel and lay large conduit all day. I am so sore I can hardly squeek! All I want to do is go to bed after work because I hurt so much. It'll get better in about 2 weeks.
Fudge nut glaze would knock my socks off! Yummy!
Looks delicious and that glaze sounds wonderful. Nice job.
Wow - the fudge nut glaze sounds amazing. I will have to give that a try one day. Your cake looks delicious :)
Oh my, does your version look wonderful! When I really need a chocloate fix, I'm making it this way ;-) Great job!
OOOhhhhh!!!! Looks yummy! Less sugar is a great idea. I am sugared out too. Great cake.
looks gooey and delicious!
MMmmmm - fudge nut glaze sounds tasty & creative! Great job!!
This looks great! The fudge nut glaze sounds delicious!
Your glaze sounds delicious!
What a fabulous and delicious sounding substitution! I'm going to bookmark this for future reference...thank you for sharing!
The fudge nut glaze sounds amazing! Thanks for the recipe.
Looks so fudgy and good. My cake was dry so I didn't want to risk the caramel. I used the cake for mini chocolate tortes with 2 kinds of mousse. My cakes were awesome.
I'll try your fudge topping some time soon. But with a different cake.
OMG. If I had an award to give I would give it you for the same reasons that HoneyB... just because you bake this! Haha... really, it looks amazing
Post a Comment