Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2008

First day of school!

The kids woke up about 6:30 am ready to begin the new school year. It went very smoothly and I was able to make them some yummy homemade chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. My two older daughters drove to school. The first time in 15 years I have not driven them to school! I took Samuel, my 10 year old, to his first day at his new school...Greenacres..isn't that a great name for an elementary school! We walked in together and saw about 10 people we know, some neighbors and some friend's from our old school. His teacher was glowing with sunshine and was so happy to see all of her students. I made a quick visit and continued out the door. Samuel seemed happy and ready to learn. The house is so quiet right now..and guess what I love it!!! What a great day to be alive!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just made me cry, my three kiddos are all grown up!This made me think back to the excitment of planning the school year (I homeschooled them all but three years) and when they did go to school, of the anticipation of a new year! I stilllove a new box of crayons!! Here's to a great school year for them!

The Wiegel family said...

The kids look wonderful. I hope we connect soon...seems like now you should have more time on your hands and now I don't....hmmm! What happened to our dreams of chais and the gym?

Amanda said...

Hey there girl!! Your kids look great (and a lot more grown up than I remember them). Erica told me about your blog and I'm glad I found it. Tona, Erica, Stephanie and I had lunch today....to bad you weren't here to fix dessert...lol.

hugs to you and your family,
Amanda