Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter cup Ice Cream Torte

Thank you Amy of food, family and fun for choosing this weeks Chocolate -Banned Ice Cream torte. It is on pages 288-289 in Dories cookbook, From my home to yours.
Ready to freeze
I really was NOT going to make this weeks TWD recipe. But Im telling you this group is addictive! I read over the recipe several times and thought ..man I just don't have the energy to make this. The steps of freezing the ganache, spreading more ice cream and freezing again really felt like a pain in the butt! But like a good TWD groupie I decided to GO FOR IT and dive in!
Freezing!
Lovely swirls.
I knew if I made it with raspberries it would sit in the cold dark freezer for a while before it hit the trash can. I went with plain vanilla ice cream and reese's peanut butter cups.
I started making this and I'm telling you all these steps of freezing and waiting is just not my cup of tea. So I thought screw this I'm putting the chocolate ganache down than the ice cream and the ganache on top..forget that middle layer. White chocolate is a favorite of mine , so I drizzled some Ghirardelli white chocolate on the top layer.
In the freezer it went, off to football practice we went. When we got home I wrapped a hot towel around my spring form pan and it slid off like magic. The cake was easy to cut and let me tell you it tastes absolutely divine. My daughter said it is way better than any dessert she has had at any restaurant! Cool, huh! I'm liking this one.
This tastes so good!

26 comments:

steph- whisk/spoon said...

reese's cups in this sounds so good i can hardly stand it!!

Cristine said...

Looks delish!!! Great idea!

NKP said...

Wow, if I added Reese's PB cups to it hubby would love it! What a creative idea.

Engineer Baker said...

I'm a sucker for reese's - that sounds fabulous. Great idea.

Amy said...

Your torte looks beautiful. Great idea with the Reese's Peanut Butter cups!

Marthe said...

It looks absolutely jummie!!

Prudy said...

I went with pb and chocolate too but yours looks so much better than mine. Yum! Your kids look adorable for the first day of school.

Marie Rayner said...

ohh, your version sounds sooo yummy! I Love peanut butter cups! I bet this was really delicious! Great version!

chocolatechic said...

I wanted to use peanut butter ice cream so badly.

Yours looks divine.

Cathy said...

Oooh, your swirls! So pretty! (I thought that the ganache on outside layer of my torte was sort of unattractive and frosty looking, but the swirls would totally solve that problem!) The thought of Reese's add-ins makes me all weak in the knees. Your torte looks fabulous!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Oh, crap, this looks good. I think I just grew a third buttock.

Teanna DiMicco said...

I LOVE the shortcut! That sounds so good and I love the white chocolate drizzling!

Mary Ann said...

Yummy- I love the combination of reese's cups and ice cream. Good for you for making this, I am wishing that I would've!

Maria said...

I love Reese's! Great idea!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

I ended up doing peanut butter cups too! Yours looks amazing, I love the white chocolate drizzle on top, yum! Glad you had a family favorite with this recipe :)

Anne said...

Wow, Reese's sound like the perfect addition- great job!

The Food Librarian said...

Oh, those PB cups are over the top! Yummy!!!!

Steph said...

Great addition with the PB cups!!

Jenny said...

That is one gorgeous looking torte! My family would be all over this! Great blog, I'll be back often to visit!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

You can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!

Anonymous said...

Oh my....I can feel the calories attaching themselves to me just by looking at the picters..my mouth is watering! What a great idea! hmm, I can picture this turning into an ice cream sundae torte...number 1,937 on my ideas list!!

Nickki said...

Fabulous!! I feel a trip to the store coming on...you've given me a craving for peanut butter cups! :)

Di said...

Ooh, yum. I absolutely love Reese's peanut butter cups. Great job!

Shandy said...

You are simply brilliant! What a fabulous idea. Miss you bunches and life has been totally crazy. Will talk to you soon! Hugs =D

Laura Paterson said...

This looks so so sooooo good!

And I love your hand drawn header :D

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Are you kidding? Oh my I'm salivating, this looks delicious!