Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

TWD Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler

Amanda from Like Sprinkles on a Cupcake selected ….Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler on page 415, for this weeks TWD.
I grew up with a rhubarb plant in our backyard. I can't say I ever grew to like it. I decided to still give it a try and use the rhubarb in this recipe. After looking at a few places, and not finding any, I thought what the heck I guess I can't use it. I got on TWD blog and read several others could not find rhubarb either. I also read some were using different fruits like apples and blueberries.
I went with just plain cherries. My husband loves them and I knew he wouldn't eat it if I added some other fruit to it. He does not care to blend his flavors. I did not want to get stuck eating the entire pan alone. So cherries rule in my dish!
I really liked how the dough turned out for the topping. I just made it the old fashioned way, by hand. I did not use a square pan, instead I used my round stone pan. I was pleased with the way the cobbler looked, but it did not taste all that great. I took it to a dessert pot luck , a girl was talking to my daughter and told her this stuff (the cobbler)is nasty(not knowing I made it=). A good lesson for my 14 year old daughter..Don't tell someone the food is nasty, they may have made it!

22 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I'm sorry you weren't a fan. It looks wonderful, and I hope you like next week's better!

Steph said...

Isn't it amazing how much the biscuits spread?

I hope you have better luck with next week.. no cherry or rhubarb! Your cobbler still looks great.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Michelle! Aww, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it! It looks beautiful though!

Teanna DiMicco said...

I'm sorry you didn't like it! It looks gorgeous, though!

Susie Homemaker said...

kids say the craziest things!!
looks great though...hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't like it ~ your photos look great :)

Katrina said...

I'm sorry to hear they were reviewed as 'nasty' - it LOOKS nice, if that counts for anything.

Prudy said...

What a sweet post about your children below. I love that your daughter drew the header for your blog. It sounds like life is good, even if the cobbler isn't exactly what you wanted it to be.:)

Pamela said...

It does look good, sorry it you didn't enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michelle :) Sorry you didn't like the cobbler, but it looks awesome :) Can't wait to read your next TWD entry.

Shandy said...

Oh no! Well, the cobbler still looks beautiful! What did you think about the topping? I loved it and can not wait to try it again. Your pictures are looking great Michelle. . .and you are blogging like a pro already. I am so sorry I haven't gotten to write recently but Ashley is keeping me hopping. . .unfortunately =|. Hugs my dear friend

Mary Ann said...

Looks delicious! Too bad it wasn't your favorite, that is part of the fun of this group, I think, to find out what you really like.

Amanda said...

Welcome to TWD!!! I love the idea of all cherries! Great job.

Anne said...

It looks great, but I'm sorry you didn't like it!

Judy said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Sounds like we had similar reactions to the recipe. I'm looking forward to next weeks recipe.

hoagiefest 2020 said...

I guess the topping is an acquired taste, but I thought it was heavenly! Sorry to hear yours wasn't a hit!

Nickki said...

Sorry to hear you didn't like it, i wasn't crazy about mine either. I did like the topping though. Hopefully you'll like next week's recipe :)

CB said...

Cobbler teaches lessons in manners. What a rude person! Oh well. Can't please them all. Cobblers looks awesome. Great job!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

marae said...

sorry it didn't work out, i heard from others that cherries don't have much flavor when baked so i went a little crazy with cinnamon and vanilla and almond in the mixins! looks great though, good you tried it!

Dolores said...

Sorry this one wasn't a keeper for you. An unfortunate way for your daughter to learn a lesson, but a good one to learn!

Aaliyah said...

Your cobbler looks wonderful and I wouldn't want to get stuck eating a whole pan either...not that my daughter and her friend would have allowed a whole pan to sit idely by anyways lol.

You did a great job and I look forward to your post next week.

The Wiegel family said...

Well looks could have fooled me...it sure looked yummy!
Life lessons for children included for FREE

Tona