
This is my first post with TWD. I have been very excited and nervous at the same time. My friend Shandy has been a great encouragement to me from buying Dorie Greenspan's cookbook to joining TWD. I purchased my cookbook three weeks ago and have had plenty of time to drool over the lip-smacking recipes.
I walked into my kitchen today ready to start baking my scones. My kitchen was filled with the aroma of ribs boiling on the stove top. Steven decided to barbecue up some ribs for dinner. This did not discourage me from proceeding on my scone baking mission. I quickly grabbed a corner of my kitchen counter top and got started!
I love scones and have made blueberry, peach and strawberry. I have to say I have never heard of apples and cheese in a scone. But...Im always willing to try new recipes.
Ever since we have visited the Tillamook Factory in Tillamook Oregon I have been in love with their cheese and butter. I try to use it when ever I can.

Mixing and putting together this recipe was very easy. I loved that it didn't take much prep time . With Rib man eager to get in the kitchen, it was perfect! I liked the taste of the scones with a big helping of butter melted on top. My family prefer my other s
cone recipes to this one.
Dough ready to cut
18 comments:
Welcome to TWD. Great job on the scones! Looking forward to see what else you have in store.
Welcome! I'm hooked on Tillamook cheddar myself. Your scones look wonderful!
It's my first TWD too! Your scones look great. I love testing out different flavour combinations. With only 12 scones I couldn't try too many or we would have to start dividing our scones up so every could have a taste.
Welcome to TWD! Your scones look delicious!
Welcome to TWD! Your scones looked great, can't ever say I have tried Tillamook...but it sounds great!
Welcome to our group!!!! Congratulations on your very first TWD post...the scones look great!!
-Amy
www.singforyoursupperblog.com
Yum. Yours look great. Welcome to the group- It's VERY addictive!!
Welcome to TWD, wonderful looking scones!
Greets Ulrike from Küchenlatein
Welcome to TWD, and it looks and sounds like your scones turned out great!
Madam Chow's Kitchen
http://www.mzkitchen.com
Tillamook sharp cheddar is our standard cheddar around here. I buy it in the one pound blocks like you have and use it for all sorts of things. Great job on your first recipe. Welcome to the group!
Great looking scones. Welcome to TWD! You will love the experience.
Michelle, your scones look terrific and Yummy! I visited the same cheese factory with Ashley when she was a little girl. I soooo wanted to take home a cheddar cheese wheel. Yum! Great 1st TWD blog! =D
AWESOME! I wish I still lived around the corner in Idaho...cause girlfriend you are so nice at sharing!!!
Enjoy
Welcome to the mad mad world of TWD. Pull up a chair, have a scone (mine are apricot and ementhaller) and make yourself at home. :)
Great job with this week's assignment!
I'm a rookie too! You did a great job! I can't wait to see what else you cook up!
Welcome to TWD! Ribs and scones? Oh yeah.
Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com
Mich, you're talents never cease to amaze me! I love apples and cheddar, so I will have to try these. I was first introduced to Tillamook cheese when my brother lived in Portland...goooood stuff! Great job on your blog - keep going...Krum
Your scones do look awesome! You may be interested to learn Tillamook now has a fan club, although I don't think they launch until September ... but still, here is the link:
http://www.tillamookfanclub.com/
Post a Comment