Search This Blog

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Molasses Cookies

A tried and true recipe I always go back to for great cookies! I added a little more flour due to the elevation. I hope you enjoy the cookies as much as we do!!

Ingredients~

1
cup packed white sugar
3/4
cup shortening
1/4
cup molasses
1
egg 
2 1/4
cups Flour
2
teaspoons baking soda
1
teaspoon ground cinnamon
1
teaspoon ground ginger
1/2
teaspoon ground cloves
1/4
teaspoon salt
3
tablespoons granulated sugur

Steps~

  • 1
    Heat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg
  •  with electric mixer 
  • on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar.
  • 2
    Shape dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into 1 1/2-inch balls. Dip tops into
  •  granulated sugar.
  •  On ungreased( I use Parchment paper)cookie sheet, place balls, sugared sides up,
  •  about 2 inches apart.
  • 3
    Bake 13 to 16 minutes or just until set and cookies appear dry. Immediately remove from 
  • cookie sheet to cooling rack.

1 comment:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hi Michele!

So fun stopping by and perusing many of your posts! I love your projects too! Really appreciated your recent comment on my blog. I tried to send a reply email but it didn't work.

Looking forward to visiting again :)

Kindly, Lorraine