It is time for another fun baking day with Julia and friends~ Gingerbread Baby Cakes hosted by Karen of Karen’s Kitchen Stories~ is our recipe today! Be sure to check out Karen's blog for the recipe. http://karenskitchenstories.blogspot.com/
I really like my little bundt pans, I was excited to use them for my baby cakes!
I cut the recipe in half, left out the Espresso and cut the molasses in half.
They came out looking so pretty and did not stick to the pan!
My husband enjoyed the flavor, my son thought they taste like dog food( i asked him when he tasted dog food) ?:) I was torn...I wanted to like them SO badly ,molasses cookies are one of my favs..but they were to stout for me.
I tried one with a little whipped topping. That seemed to cut back the stout flavor.
My husband is going to have a great week eating bundt cakes!
I really like my little bundt pans, I was excited to use them for my baby cakes!
I cut the recipe in half, left out the Espresso and cut the molasses in half.
They came out looking so pretty and did not stick to the pan!
My husband enjoyed the flavor, my son thought they taste like dog food( i asked him when he tasted dog food) ?:) I was torn...I wanted to like them SO badly ,molasses cookies are one of my favs..but they were to stout for me.
I tried one with a little whipped topping. That seemed to cut back the stout flavor.
My husband is going to have a great week eating bundt cakes!
13 comments:
Your cakes look so pretty! Sorry you didn't like them. At least your hubby liked them.
So sorry these didn't turn out the way you'd hoped. You can mail me your extra cakes! :)
I love the little bundt pans!! They are so adorable and I need to find me some!! It is a strong cake though....not a fav in my house. Which is such a shame, as I do love gingerbread.
Your baby bundts are so cute! I felt the same way about these and really preferred them with the whipped cream and crystallized ginger.
Too bad you didn't care for these. I used cane syrup rather than molasses. I think it made a big difference. I need those pans!!!
I LOVE your little cake pans! I am all the sudden loving the little baking stuff :) Please visit my blog and enter my cookbook giveaway. Blessings, Catherine www.praycookblog.com
I love all pans mini! Just wish I had the room to store them. I'm surprised they were still too strong even after cutting the molasses back by half.
I agree. They were too strong for me too! I like your cute little pans though!
Much to much molasses flavor for me. But I do love your cute little pans. I do love a small pan!
Like your new look…very pretty! I also think your cakes look lovely…sorry they weren’t a hit with you!
I didn't like the taste too!!! Too strong!!! But I like your version in your pans, so cute!!!
I'm not ususally a big gingerbread fan, but those look pretty tasty!
I love the way they look. Bummer that they weren't exactly what you were hoping for. :(
Post a Comment