I finally got back into kitchen to bake. I told my husband there going to boot me out of the club if I don't get with it!
Thank you Renee of The Way to my Family’s Heart and Anna of Keep it Luce for hosting this week! Be sure to check out their blogs! I was so happy to find the Semolina Flour. Bob never fails me. We live in a smaller town and sometimes our resources are limited.I'm telling you this bread had so many steps and rising times I was pretty much strapped to the house all day. I ran in and out while doing yard work and checking on my bread.
I thought It raised fairly well. I was nervous since my last bread turned out hard as a rock.
I totally did not get the slashing technique..I was hoping for a picture since I am a visual learner. It turned out a nice golden brown and my family loved it with a slab of butter! I have to say I won't make this again..Going to the bakery and picking up a loaf is so much easier! I am anxious to see how everyone else's turned out!
12 comments:
Looks Delicious! My family would sell part of our house for a good loaf of bread! no kidding! I agree that going to the store would be a whole lot easier but oh the goodness!
Oh, I hear ya! I was googling the heck out of "semonlina" bread hoping for a clue on how to slash it! You're given a pass for the lousy directions! Glad you enjoyed the taste :)
Slashing was the tricky part apparently... Just great you could find the semolina and that this recipe worked for your family... bread may fail but butter never does!
Oh the smell of fresh baked bread in my home is amazing! I admire you for this one, especially during this hot weather...
Yes, it was time consuming--although not much hands on time. I also thought the slashing instructions were not to clear. But is was tasty bread!
This looks great!
This bread recipe seems to be a good one. Will love to try baking this one day.
Glad that I found your blog thru Lizzy. Happy to be your latest follower for more of your yummy bakes.
The slashing seemed to be the moment of truth for us all, but I think the bread survived well in spite of it all :-)
Michelle, I did find a picture before I started to bake - just plugged in Nick's full name, Semolina Bread and photo and came up with some pictures. Even with the pictures, I still "slashed" before I was supposed to slash.I'm impressed you found the right flour. Try again. Use the food processor. Slash after the third rising. Glad you are back baking with us.
Michelle, ultimately I am with you - buying bread is a heck of a lot easier!
I almost passed on this one due to the extensive raising times. I skipped the slashing for I thought it was too flat already and did not want to deflate it anymore! Glad you liked the flavor and butter makes everything better!
While it's true that the bread took a huge investment of time, I found the actual steps themselves really easy. The hardest part was finding the semolina flour -- and I live in a large metropolitan area. Like you, I would have loved a photo. Your bread looks great though.
Post a Comment