These are time consuming but so fan to make and they taste so good! This is my first time making them and I am so glad I did! Here are some things I learned and did along the way.
This is the recipe I used:
Things you need:
1 box cake mix, any flavor. I used Betty Crocker super moist Chocolate
1 tub(16 oz) frosting(any flavor) or you can use your own homemade recipe.
Almond bark(white or chocolate)
Candy sprinkles, nuts or crushed cookies to decorate.
Lollipop sticks(I found these at Walmart and Joann's fabric)
Styrofoam block (used for after dipping) I found mine at Joann's fabric
cello bags..I found mine at Walmart
Curling ribbon
Roll mixture into 1"inch balls and place on cookies sheet. Place in the refigerator over night or at least 1 hour.
You can use the microwave to melt your chocolate but I would highly recommend this Chocolate Melter. I got mine at Walmart for $20.00. It was well worth it. It melts the chocolate quickly and keeps it warm while your dipping. I love it!
I love these fun sprinkles! I can think of so many things to dip cake pops in. Oreos, candy canes, snickers....
I have not tried the cookies sticks yet. I want to make a little larger cake pops next and use the bigger stick. The lollipop sticks work well
OK on to the dipping part. This is fun and you will get a technique down that works for you. I inserted the tip of the lollipop stick in to the chocolate and then stuck it in the flat side of the cake (the side that is down on the cookie sheet) I insert it a little more then half way.
Gently insert the cake ball in to the chocolate rotating it around until it's completely covered. I gently tap the side to release some of the chocolate.
Immediately cover with sprinkles and then insert in a Styrofoam board . I put my block in the refrigerator and let them harden in there.
Waiting to be dipped. I found putting all the sticks in first saves time.
I was getting better at the end and dipping two at a time.
You must put the sprinkles on your self..do not try to roll the cake pops..you will have a big cake mess!
You can wrap them up individually. I found this takes to long. I ended up putting 4 to 6 in a bag.
Im really happy with the way they turned out! They are super moist and I love the sprinkles!!
All done and ready to take to my neighbors! I have another cake cooling and I am making chocolate frosted cake pops next!
3 comments:
Michelle, you did a great job!!! Why do all your posts ALWAYS make me wish I lived next door? :)
Aren't they fun? I like making those for school class birthday parties.
How beautiful ! What do you mean by bark is it a different chocolate ?
Post a Comment