My neighbor is someone whom I have known since Elementary school? Mary was a year behind me. When we moved in to our home eight years ago, I was happy when I discovered she lived right across the street from me. We have developed a wonderful friendship over the past eight years. I am happy to say she is a BFF! Today is Mary's Birthday. I made her this cake!! I'm not sure everyone likes figs , so I decided to use apples instead.
I did not use cornmeal , instead I used Bob's 5 grain hot cereal(it's like oatmeal)!She said the cake tasted wonderful! I think it turned out pretty!
Happy Birthday Mary!
Thank you Alvarosa of Cookie Rookie. If you would like this recipe but made with figs check out here
http://cookierookie-alvarosa.blogspot.com/
14 comments:
It looks marvellous Michelle - what a thoughtful gift for your neighbour.
How fun to have a best friend across the street! Apples is a great idea, I should try it. Beautiful cake.
Your neighbor is very lucky to have you! I thought about using apples too, but I did find the figs so I went with those. What a beautiful cake you made!
This looks great with apples. I used figs and it was a great success.
What a thoughtful friend! This cake looks good with apples - now I'm sorry I skipped it for lack of figs.
what a lovely gift!!
What a great idea with the grain cereal! Your cake looks great! Mine looked nice, but the apple peel was hard to slice into.
How nice to discover that your new neighbour is someone you know since school! Thanks for baking with me this week!
Apples were a great idea! How nice that you and your neighbor are such good friends, I'm sure she appreciated this lovely cake.
Wow that cake looks amazing!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet, sweet comment. I'm so glad you are loving the printables! Stay tuned because I will be sharing a dozen Christmas printables in December!! Love your idea for a baking printable. I will have to start brainstorming!! Thanks for the idea!
Great substitutions! I bet your BFF loved it. She's lucky.
great idea! i bet your friend loved it.
your apple cake turned out much prettier than mine!
I love apple cakes. This looks terrific!
Post a Comment