Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

{TWD} Cornmeal and Fruit Loaf

It's Tuesday August 30, 2011 and time for TWD – Caitlin of Engineer Baker chose Cornmeal and Fruit Loaf on page 43.  It's so great to be back and baking with you all! Sorry I have missed the last few recipes. Thanks Caitlin for your great choice of recipes!

School starts in two days here. We have been super busy with end of summer activities, my daughters first year of college and the start up of football! I love this time of year and look fwd too those cool baking temps!
Hot and fresh out of the oven....
 I used 1 cup of a shredded apple.....I left the dried fruit out.
 I had one slice plain...it tasted incredible!

 I just got some yummy raspberry jam from my neighbor....
 I LOVE the way this tasted...so good and moist!
 My daughter and I decided we better share a slice!!

I will make this bread again. It is super YUM! I can see eating it with chili too, the cornmeal taste is perfect!


13 comments:

Cakelaw said...

I totally agree Michelle - this cake was super yum.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Beautiful photos, Michelle.

http://sweetsav.blogspot.com/2011/08/cornmeal-and-fruit-loaf-twd.html

Judy said...

It looks especially delicious with the jam. Yum!

Nicole said...

That looks so good! I'll have to try toasting mine. I work at a college so back to school is still a couple of weeks away, but I am already thinking about it.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Definitely one of my favorites from the book! Good luck to all your kiddos this school year! :)

Cristine said...

Looks yummy with the jam!!!

Jules Someone said...

That looks fabulous! I don't think the dried fruit added much.

Nichicakes said...

that looks delicious, especially with the jam

Tia said...

the color of the jam burts thru the screen. lovely color on the top too. I put strawberries in mine!
Buttercreambarbie

Katrina said...

That does look really good--especially with the raspberry jam!

Anonymous said...

it lookS BEYOND perfect with the butter and homemade raspberry jam!! SO YUMMY, and beautiful photos!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

Looks complete with that gorgeous raspberry jam!

Lynne Daley said...

Great looking cake! I liked this recipe, too. and added bacon for a more savory loaf.