Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

{TWD} Oatmeal Nutmeg Scones

It's great to be back. I missed the last two TWD:( I hate it when I'm so busy I can't even find time to bake)!

Thank you Patricia of Life with a Whisk for hosting this week. Check out her blog if you want this scone recipe.       http://lifewithawhisk.blogspot.com/

I love my rolling pin and having granite counter top is a bonus when rolling out dough!

 The dough was a little sticky but not bad to work with using plenty of flour. 
I didn't bake them for the entire 20 min. They  took about 17 min. to bake. My daughters and son enjoyed the scones. I gave some to a friend and the rest to my parents! I didn't really want to share but I knew my thighs would thank me later:)
 I ate my scone warm with  butter and homemade Huckleberry jam ! It's wonderful!!!

Oh here is the recipe for the glaze..I FORGOT to put on! Im going to next time!
Spiced Glaze


1 cup powdered sugar

3 tablespoons powdered sugar

2 tablespoons whole milk

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 pinch ginger

1 pinch ground cloves




 I gave Monique her early graduation gift today!!! She is graduating June 2 from High school!  She is So excited to have her very own laptop!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scone with jam and butter looks so tempting! Congrats to your daughter!

Cindy said...

These were excellent! Conrats on your daughters graduation.

Bella Baker said...

the scones look great. I read about the accident below and I just cannot believe that. I am glad that everyone is ok now.

TeaLady said...

Okay. The glaze. That got me. I have to make these again just to try your glaze. Cinnamon AND Nutmeg!! YUM!

TeaLady said...

Yay for HS graduation. Wish her luck for me.

Anonymous said...

Your scone looks so delicious with the butter and jam!

Mary said...

Yum--I've never tried huckleberry jam, but I bet it was fabulous on the scones!

Katrina said...

Mmm, looks good with butter and jam. I liked these so much I had to give them away. (There are two lurking in the freezer though.) ;)

Katrina said...

And congrats to your daughter. As of June 3 we will have a teenager. ahhh. ;)

Jules Someone said...

Those look amazing! Nice!

Jessica said...

OK, the scones look great but that homemade huckleberry jam is calling my name! I can only imagine how good it must taste! And congratulations to Monique on graduating! What a wonderful accomplishment.

Nicole said...

Scones with homemade jam? Yum!

Mine look a lot like yours, not perfectly formed but still very good. I added dried apples to mine.

Welcome back to TWD, we've missed you!

Teresa said...

Those look delicious....with or without the glaze!
Oh who am I kidding. I would drink the glaze.

Jaime said...

huckleberry jam - yum! great job this week. i didn't have time to bake along for this one :(

Cakelaw said...

These were great scones - yours look fab. Congrats to Monique on graduating!

Kathy said...

These scones look so delicious especially with the homemade huckleberry jam. Congrats on your daughters graduation! A new laptop…very nice!