Hmmm what went wrong?I have no clue. I make Molasses cookies all the time and I've never had them spread like this.
Wanna play some Frisbee..HA!
Thank you Gloria for choosing cookies this week! I love to bake pies and I love to bake cakes but baking cookies has to be my favorite!!
Be sure to check out her blog for the recipe.
http://thegingersnapgirl.blogspot.com/
I have really enjoyed getting to know Gloria through SMS. She has a wonderful blog and my favorite post is the one on her Grandparents!
Even if it came out of the oven as one big cookie, it sure tasted buttery and yummy. I cut the recipe in half. I was very exact with my measurements, so I'm not sure what happened.
18 comments:
My boys love when something goes awry in the kitchen because that means they get to eat it! I'm sure it tasted just fine, it looked delicious anyway :)
Mine spread a little but not like that. Did you talk to it. Like a plant, it grows the more you talk. Be silent when you bake. lol
I am sure that helped.
This looks like something that would happen to me. I got a new stove and this one actually bakes at the correct temp, so I'm going to have to try to make cookies... guess I'm not doing molasses! I've always struggled with my being too crisp - guess I'd rather eat *gasp* chocolate chip cookie dough.
Too funny! I'm sure the the gingerfrisbee was delicious!
I had a problem with lots of spreading, too! I think I spaced mine 2 inches apart, too and they still morphed together! Oh well, at least you got to eat pieces of the yumminess! I love that you call it a frisbee, haha!!
What a fun cookie you made!!! Mine baked up fine but I think they baked too long. A little too crisp for me.
Oh no! Sounds like something that would happen in my kitchen. It's almost like a pre-made gingersnap crust :-)
Glad you liked the taste of the recipe regardless :-)
Thought I'd pop back in and tell you that if I've had cookies run together like that before, I've put the cookie sheet in the freezer for a minute before baking. It really works :) Give it a try!
My first batch of these cookies spread some as well, although not quite as much as yours ;) I think that just makes for a more interesting post though. In any case they still look really yummy!
LOL Michelle! You have a giant ginger cookie on your hands! Which isn't such a bad thing. But I'm glad to hear it tasted good...because in the end that's all that really matters! Thanks for the kind words in your post. I always look forward to your comments and reading your blog. Thanks for baking along this week!
That's a lot of Ginger snap love there! Great that the frisbee was still tasty.
Mine were super flat and I chalk it up to not refrigerating the dough long enough, plus it's super humid now. Who knows?!
Frisbee! Oh! Very funny! Hey, as long as the taste was there, that's what matters.
Carmen
As long as they taste good, right? Mine ended up being very chunky, probably because they were in the refrigerator for about six hours.
Haha, I love that! Just means you get to nibble on one big biscuit. Sounds better than saying you've had 5. :p
Katie xox
hehe - love that you posted this anyway. Can't tell you how many times I have opened the oven to find that exact same thing.
Awesome!! Do like I did and make a crust for pie or cheesecake!! Works great!
Or, just top the whole thing with some whipped cream and drizzle caramel on top and hand everyone forks and knives. It'll disappear ;)
Haha, the exact same thing happened to me too! I didn't snap a picture, but my first batch baked together into one giant cookie :) I spaced them farther apart and had better luck with the next batch but they were all tasty so it didn't much matter!
Doughs live with seasons.
The butter might have been too warm, there might have been a bit too much moisture in the flours, one thing or another.
It helps to but the baking trays in fridge before baking, especially in the summer. :-)
But, as said, it was certainly as good anyway, and it is lovely to see that I'm not the only person in the world to whom things like that happen :-) Thank you for sharing :-)
Post a Comment