Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

SMS Mini Coconut Custard Pie

For the recipe check out Ruby's blog...
http://idreamofbaking.blogspot.com/

Naked little mini pie....
Thank you Ruby for choosing pie! I love pie!  I am not a picky pie eater..I will eat pretty much anything in a crust! I happen to love coconut, so this was a great recipe for me!

Did you have an Easy Bake oven? I must have turned out several mini cakes, brownies and cookies from mine. I had weekly tea parties with my stuffed animals and dollies. I also forced the half baked goodies on my brothers!
All though I didn't actually bake  this pie in an Easy Bake oven, my little mini pie reminded me of days gone by. I found these darling little silver baking dishes at an antique store. I was going to make four minis but decided to make one. We leave for Mount Rushmore in the morning and I didn't want a bunch of pie sitting around.
I added coconut milk in with
the cream and I used two packets of Stevia instead of real sugar.  I also whipped up some homemade whipped topping!! It tasted very good and turned out perfect!!

13 comments:

Nina said...

These are so adorable!
I never got to try my cake, so I have no idea how it tastes, but I'm glad that you found that it tastes good!

Candy said...

Love the antique tins! Great idea to use coconut milk to punch up the coconut flavor. Looks great!

Kayte said...

This looks so wonderful! I just love this kind of pie and having a mini all to myself would be just short of making my year! Love the little pie tins. I have some that I found at SurLaT and love them.

Julie said...

Beautiful. I love the idea of mini's. Have a wonderful time at Mt. Rushmore. It's such a beautiful, amazing sight!

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Your pie looks delicious...mini's are a great idea. The homemade whipped cream on top looks like a perfect addition to this little treat. Enjoy Mount Rushmore!

Every Day Blessings said...

I finally posted!!!! Yea!!! Your mini's are adorable. I'm glad that you were able to make them. I agree that anything in a pie crust is ok by me

Leslie said...

This looks delicious! The mini is so cute (and that Easy Bake Oven really brought back memories!)

I hope you all have a wonderful vacation! Travel safely!

Unknown said...

You're most welcome! The main reason I chose the recipe was because it had coconut in it =D Your mini pies looks absolutely adorable!

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Cute post!

Carmen

Unknown said...

I had an Easy Bake oven and I loved it!! Your mini pie and those tins are both adorable. I topped my pie with whipped cream too, everything is better with whipped cream in my book!

Cakelaw said...

What lovely looking little pies. The Easy Bake oven is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!

That little pie is SO adorable! And I love the tins you found at the antique store- what a great find! Clever idea adding the coconut milk... I use that to add extra coconut flavor to my coconut layer cake, but it seems so fitting for the custard mixture of this pie. I just read about a brand of natural coconut extract (I've only ever found artificial, so I was excited by this discovery)- if you want more info to boost your coconut goodies, let me know!

Hope you're doing well and having a wonderful time on vacation with your family! Look forward to hearing from you soon :)

<3,
Joy

Tessa said...

Hope you enjoyed the trip to the Black Hills! We went last summer and really enjoyed ourselves.

The mini pie is a great idea and too cute as well :-) There's just two of us, so that'd be a much more manageable amount.