Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TWD Chocolate crumble bread

It's Tuesday February 2, 2010 and time for another TWD! Thank you Kristin of I’m Right About Everything for choosing Milk Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes ,found on pages 188 and 189.
I don't own any mini bundt pans so I choose to make these into two mini loafs.
They came out looking good until I had to cut them..they just crumbled.
I planned to take them to a friends house this morning but...
So I took these homemade cinnamon rolls I made this morning instead! The bread will be good for nibbling on but not to give away. I'm not sure what happened to the bread to make it so crumbly.

28 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Make a torte!

I halved the recipe.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Well, no competition... the cinnamon rolls win the delicious looking contest! I had thought about cutting my bread into cubes and tossing it into a bowl with some pudding and whipped cream and maybe add some bananas.

Thank you for stopping by my place and leaving your comment!

Kindly. ldh

Sabrina said...

Sorry about the crumbles! The cinnamon rolls look so good!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Oh no! Well, it still looks yummy, even if it is crumbled! The cinnamon rolls look awesome, too! :)

Pamela said...

Yum...those cinnamon rolls look absolutely delicious. Sorry about the crumbling cakes, though!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed you had cinnamon rolls ready, too. BTW, I don't think crumbled cake has any calories...

Barbara said...

Yikes!
I can only think of one thing. I make a lot of sweet breads and almost all of them cut better after they have been refrigerated.

You've got some yummy looking chocolate crumbs there, make a trifle!

Cakelaw said...

How bizarre! I think they'd make a nice trifle base.

Anonymous said...

Can some of this be fedexed to me in British Columbia please? Yummmmmmmmmmy!!!!

AmyRuth said...

Yea maybe a truffle, of course stirring it all around in homemade ice cream doesn't sound half bad either. BTW NO ONE in their right mind would turn down your cinnamon rolls. YUM! Thanks so much for stopping by.
AmyRuth

margot said...

Hmm, weird, mine seemed pretty sturdy. Those cinnamon rolls look amazing, though.

Deeva said...

Sorry to see what happened to your cake, but those cinnamon rolls look scrumptious.

natalia said...

Ciao ! I'm sure it was delicious anyway ! Not as good looking as the rools !

Deana Sidney said...

really great blog title... made me smile and the recipe looks wonderful!

Amber Marie said...

I hope the cakes still tasted good. The cinnamon rolls look yummy! Recipe?

Shandy said...

Oh Know! Well, I really hope the bread still tasted delicious. Your cinnamon rolls are gorgeous and I know everyone LOVED them. How long before you start getting your new counters installed? I am soooo happy for you!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I am with chocolatechic! Torte! Actually I am pretty sure I told my husband I might have to make a torte. Mine tore apart too.

Unknown said...

So interesting how we all have different results sometimes - my little cakes were so dense and heavy I can't imagine them crumbling. Oh well, I'm glad it was still tasty! Those cinnamon rolls look like a perfect substitute treat :)

Kayte said...

LOL, I say make a trifle with it all. I know you can work some kind of magic over there! Happy to hear you are over your illness. I think your little cakes probably tasted great anyway, right? Wait until you see my brownies for next week: Fail! I made them three times and they looked the same each time.

Jencrafted said...

Sorry about the cake but those cinnamon rolls....to die for! I think I'm getting the cinnamon bug now.....may need to make these for b'fast this weekend!

Tina said...

All unwanted baked goods, welcome here. Thanks for checking in on me..feeling alive today, finally.

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I made cinnamon rolls yesterday, much to my family's joy. Do you use a traditional cinnamon recipe or a dinner roll recipe? I used to use the leftover dough from our pizza but found the roll recipe worked better.

Cake looks good. I love chocolate cake in a bowl with a little milk poured on top.

Eliana said...

Double the pleasure double to fun - these look awesome.

The Bake More said...

My cakes turned out a little crumbly too, but that didn't stop me from eating more than my fair share :)

Katrina said...

Bummer! This cake WAS a little dry. Sigh. Let's move on to brownies for next week!
And your cinnamon rolls look de-lish.

Michele said...

Your bread looks delicious and you're cinnamon rolls are lovely!

Susan said...

Cake crumbs, pudding, cake crumbs, whipped cream? Sounds good to me. Your cinnamon rolls look great!

The Queen of Quite a Lot said...

It's too bad the loafs crumbled. You could make a trifle with the crumbs! Thanks for baking with me this week!