Thank you Hanaa for this weeks recipe. It's nice to bake something besides sweets! Be sure to check out Hanaa's website for the recipe! I have enjoyed getting to know Hanaa through our fun baking groups. We also like to enter baked goods in our local fairs and enjoyed chatting about that! She is a great person and full of wonderful baking and food advice!
We adopted three Idaho State University College students through a program they offer in our church. What a great way to meet some awesome students and treat them to some homemade food every so often! Tonight we have the girls over for the first time. I made homemade Potato soup, these yummy muffins and TWD Chocolate Crunched Caramel Tart. It seems like a perfect meal for a beautiful Fall day. I look fwd to meeting them and will finish the story later!
The table is all set and ready to go...
The Baking Process.....
I thought the recipe was easy to follow and put together. I found the muffin batter to be super thick. I caramelized the onions and used cheddar cheese. I only added a 1/2 cup of onions but the full amount of cheese. I had a quick nibble of one to taste before the guests arrive. They have a savory taste and tasted good. I can't wait to see if everyone likes them and how they go with the soup! I will be back to finish this post!
19 comments:
looks you all had fun!
It's great that you adopted some college kids. As I should know, it's hard to stay on track with all the distractions.
the muffins look super good!
Your muffins look so delicious!!
It is so nice of you to adopt some college kids. I remember missing home-cooked meals the most when I was in college. It looks like it was a lovely dinner, and I'm glad that the muffins were a hit!
How nice of you to adopt a few kids from the college! I'm sure they loved the home-cooked meal :) Your muffins look terrific! I think having them with soup is the perfect way to enjoy them.
Sounds like a great dinner. Adopting those young ladies while they are away from their families is comendable. Your muffins look like a great addition to your homecooked meal.
Adopting the college girls and making everyone a nice dinner was such a wonderful gift.
Your muffins looks delicious and I love how you put your pictures showing the baking process together. Very nice!
i bet they were happy!
How lovely to adopt those students! I bet the loved your meal :D
Your muffins look fab!
Katie xox
How kind and generous of you to adopt the 3 students and cook and bake for them. I'm glad everybody liked the muffins. I thought they were super tasty.
Thank you so much for your kind words in your post. I also appreciate that you baked along with me this week!
The table looks beautiful. The muffins look great, too. I didn't bake SMS this week. Now I wish I had.
Love all the pictures you posted! Everyone looks happy to enjoy the beautiful, yummy muffins you ended up with. :)
Your muffins look great! Who doesnt love a home cooked meal -- thats wonderful of you!
Glad these were a hit! What a wonderful program to be able to take part in! I would have given anything for non-cafeteria food my freshman year of college. Lucky girls!
They were tasty muffins, I'm glad they went well with the soup!
What a wonderful thing to do! The muffins look great, definitely looks like a crowd-pleaser. I bet they enjoyed the TWD tart too, I just made it today and it's so good.
so nice! what lucky students.
I love how the tops of your muffins look! It's really nice of you to adopt some college kids!
So glad your company liked the muffins. Eating home-cooked food in college would have been awesome! What a great idea!
Your table setting looks beautiful. Your muffins look great and I'm sure your "adopted" children enjoyed them.
Post a Comment