Rachel of Confessions of a Tangerine Tart picked this weeks recipe. She chose Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops.
Here is all the stuff I gathered at Wally World today.
Those big Whoppers on top looked funny after they cooked.
The finished product.
Here is all the stuff I gathered at Wally World today.
Those big Whoppers on top looked funny after they cooked.
The finished product.
It has been fun doing all this baking lately, but I have to tell you I'm working out extra and running more miles to keep the same weight. I try to plan my baking around a time I can give most of it away!
See the little brown whopper on top..looks like a toasted marshmallow.

I love baking cookies. It has to be my favorite treat to bake. I was a little apprehensive about all the chocolate in this recipe. I thought about Strawberry whoppers with white chocolate and thought maybe that would be to freaky, so I went with Reese's peanut butter whoppers. I found them at Wally world along with the malted milk powder. This big old feller at the store was trying to help me find it. When we did I told him ...man this stuff is more than a gallon of gas. It cost me $3.95. I said to him.... I sure hope these cookies turn out good. And he goes ....well mam it would be cheaper to buy some..HA! I got a laugh out of that. If he only knew how us TWD fans bake each week!
Not only did I use the Peanut Butter Whoppers I used Peanut butter/chocolate chip chips. I thought the whoppers were a pain to cut so I started throwing whole ones in the bowl. I too, did not see the temp. so I set it at 375*. The cookies came out a spongy like texture and were weird looking. I ate half of one and about pulled a filling out from the chewy whopper. I thought holy moley that is tough. Steven was home for lunch and he ate one and said they were tasty. I waited until the cookies cooled some and the whoppers were much smoother on my teeth. Next time Im going to follow Dorie's recipe and use all the chocolate ingredients.
I like this picture..just had to throw it in so you could see it!
27 comments:
I used PB whoppers also - I love those things!
Peanut butter whoppers -- I had no idea they had such a thing! Too bad we don't have a Wally World in these parts! Your variations look wonderful. I agree that they are a little safer to eat once they have cooled!
Your peanut butter vairation looks great! I completely agree about waiting until after they are completely cooled to bite into them. I made that mistake too. It really is too funny how much we all spend on these special ingredients we wouldn't normally buy, a little luxury for those that love baking.
I had no idea that whoppers came in different flavours.
I like the looks of yours with the whole whoppers!
ohh yummo! Peanut butter whoppers? I have never heard of them but I am drooling at the thought! Your cookies sound so wonderful and look pretty good too! I don't mind spending money on Dorie treats as I know that they are always going to be delicious! Plus it's worth it just to belong to a great group of gals!
I love your idea to add the swirled chips also. I poked extra whoppers on top after they were baked. I agree about the extra miles of running just to stay in the same spot on the scale. Alas, the life of a baker.
I used the peanut butter whoppers as well.
Yours don't look like mine, kind of lighter, and cuter, and nicer.
uuuhhh!!!! PB balls. How wonderful. If I had seen some in the store..... Look Yummy!
PB whoppers...so fun!! Love the pictures too!
I am actually not a TWD participant, although I am her biggest fan:) I have an autographed copy of BFMHTY. Dorie is great! I just never signed up because I was busy with a wedding, buying a house, etc. Life never stops but I do bake a lot of the recipes in there. I really should of joined.
Glad you are close by in Idaho!! My grandpa lives there! We like visiting!
Oh man, I LIVE at the gym since I joined TWD! I just try not to eat anything though! There are a lot of half-eaten cookies during these baking times!
LOVE the PB whoppers... I have to find them!
I am actually glad I didn't find PB Whoppers - I'm already struggling with not eating all the things I bake! (I'm running to keep the weight from creeping up, too). Your cookies look great - love the whopper on top of them!
I actually think I'd like to try a non chocolate cookie with the whoppers in it. Sounds tasty!
PB whoppers and choc-PB swirled chips sound delicious! Great variation.
Yum peanut butter whoppers! Great job, I never heard of Wally World, makes me think of an amusement park!
TWD is definitely a learning experience. You tried a lot of interesting things in this recipe and I'm glad the cookies turned out tasty.
Nancy
PB! Awesome!
Oh they look so Chewyyyyyy......and Meltttyyyyyy :D
Your cookies look great, I love the idea of using peanut butter whoppers!
Oh! Wally World = Walmart! Okay, we DO have those here. Sometimes I'm a little . . . slower . . . than the other kids! :-) May well try the PB version next time . . . and there WILL be a next time!!
Love the peanut butter whoppers, Michelle. I also think that strawberry and white chocolate would be awesome together! Yum!
I also thought about strawberry whoppers but was too lazy to make a special trip since the grocery store didn't carry them. The peanut butter angle is a great idea! I think they'd also be good if you used cocoa powder and chocolate malt powder.
your blog is too cute. Peanut butter whoppers? Who ever heard of such a thing. Sounds good.
Those look great!
Looking good over there with the PB Whoppers! Sounds yummy! :)
They look lovely! I do love those peanut butter/chocolate chips.
I do like that picture at the end! Very cute. :)
What a great idea to use the peanut butter/milk chocolate chips! I used the PB Whoppers too - love those things!
And I love the name of your blog!
love your pb adaptation of these cookies!
Post a Comment