First off let me say a big warm THANK YOU to Dolores of Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity for picking out this week TWD. She choose a fantastic , refreshing and tasty Blueberry sour cream ice cream. Be sure to check her out!
This is what it looks like right after being mixed for 20 minutes.
The Weather has been in the ninety's here for the past month. I was so looking fwd to this wonderful sounding COLD treat. My family is getting used to TWD now and are sure to ask what's next on the menu. They are really enjoying this adventure as much as I am. When I told them blueberry sour cream ice cream was on the menu, the sour cream part baffled them. My daughter turned her nose up and my husband said , "I've never tasted sour cream in my ice cream before". Well guess...... what they loved it and want me to make more!
My parent's gave us this ice cream maker. It's the one they made homemade ice cream in when we were kids!
I really enjoyed the aroma that came from the boiling blueberries It was nice not having to turn on the oven in this hot weather. The stove was only on for 3 min. I was so glad this was an easy recipe and took hardly any prep time. I put it in the freezer for 1 hour and it was ready to eat. I learned one thing from this recipe, DOUBLE IT NEXT TIME!

Yummmm..ice cream!!
20 comments:
Great looking ice cream and, um, pretty good lookin' man too. (I scrolled down to your athletic post)
I love the shot on the lace tablecloth and the old fashioned tea cup - so pretty.
What a wonderful job you did with your ice cream! I Love your ice cream maker!!! Well done you!
now that looks lovely! and you've got a vintage icecream maker to boot as well! terrific!
How nostalgic! Your parents ice cream maker! The ice cream is gorgeous!
I agree.
Definitely needs doubled.
Amen! Definitely need to double this one. Great job!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought
You are so right - it needs to be a double batch next time! Yours looks great, and I love that you have the ice cream maker that your parents used when you were a kid!
How fun that you got to use the same maker from when you were a kid! Your ice cream looks great!
What a beautiful tea cup! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed this one as much as I did. And I love the fact that your ice cream maker comes with a history.
The smell from the berries popping on the stove is divine! Glad that you family loved it and I like you ice cream maker. Great job!
You made believers out of your family, congrats. It is so good and yours looks perfect. I wish I'd made a double batch too.
Love the old fashioned ice cream maker! Looks like it worked well!
I love your tea cup it is so pretty. Good Job on the ice cream :)
Too funny - quite the lesson to learn, to double a recipe. Glad you liked it, and your ice cream maker is awesome!
what a great IC maker! looks like it did a fab job!
TWD is fun, isn't it? I love trying all of the new recipes, and this is one I surely would have skipped on my own. I thought it was delicious! Great job.
Michelle, 90 plus degrees? Yikes~ Now that is hot. We are only in the upper 70's, lower 80's. The ice cream maker used to be your parents. . .how sweet! I wouldn't trade a new anything for something that carries family meaning and memories. Youe ice cream looks beautiful. I always love the color this ice cream makes. Beautiful. I will have to email you too because the cow information is just to big! I have a farmer that raises steer, okay the brand of cow starts with an "s", great. I am terrible with names. Anyhow, the meat marbles from the outside in. He has his own butcher and the beef cuts like butter. I am soo excited because the cows get butchered at the end of the month and I will have half a side of beef by the middle of September. He hangs the meat for 21 days and I get to select how I want my meat cut. I will actually have Porterhouse steaks again. . .YAY! These are such a treat. Larry wants a BBQ off, me on my charcoal grill and him on his fancy shcmancy propane grill with a searing element to see who can grill the best Porterhouse. =D
Yeah! There's definitely not enough of this stuff if anybody has a healthy appetite! Glad it turned out so well and that your family's sour-cream expectations were dashed.
I doulble it and it still wasn't enough....doubled I would say it made just over a half gallon. Next time I would quaduple it or something. I loved this.
Lip licking ice cream. Awesome color. First time here. Nice and pretty blog. I like those roses pic also.
Post a Comment