Katrina of baking and boys picked our recipe for today! If you want the recipe check out her blog. http://www.bakingandboys.com/ Katrina is an excellent baker , she always makes everything look so amazing!
I love this cake! My daughter, Monique came home for dinner. She is going to college in our town, but it's like she lives miles away. I was thrilled to have her home for the evening. I made this cake for her!
Instead of apple cider I used a 1/2 cup of buttermilk. I decided vanilla ice cream and Caramel would be the perfect addition to this cake! Oh my it tasted wonderful, I wish we had some left!
My girl loved it!!
Moist Apple cake, ice cream and caramel...so Good!!
I love this cake! My daughter, Monique came home for dinner. She is going to college in our town, but it's like she lives miles away. I was thrilled to have her home for the evening. I made this cake for her!
Instead of apple cider I used a 1/2 cup of buttermilk. I decided vanilla ice cream and Caramel would be the perfect addition to this cake! Oh my it tasted wonderful, I wish we had some left!
My girl loved it!!
Moist Apple cake, ice cream and caramel...so Good!!
17 comments:
It is hard to believe that Monique is in College! That will be me next year. the cake looks delicious and obviously she loved some of moms good cooking!
Oooh.... I love that you served this with caramel and ice cream. I'm sure it made your daughter's night!
Mmmm, caramel topping - perfect for this cake!
One of my friends made me an apple pie with a caramel topping over the weekend. I now am obsessed with caramel and apple baked goodness. Seriously....I would love this.
The caramel on top makes it decadent. How good that must be.
My Sweet and Savory
http://sweetsav.blogspot.com
Your caramel on top looks great. I used a brown sugar glaze on mine so we were thinking alike there! Loved this.
Buttermilk was a great idea, and oh does that look good with caramel topping!
caramel topping all over this cake - omg it looks like a caramel apple! yum.
What's better than caramel and apples, especially this time of year?
Your cake looks perfect! What a treat. :)
Oh. My. Caramel AND Ice Cream. This cake was perfect for that.
You win! I always pick best of winner and you're it today! ;) Lvoe the caramel. The muffin cake needed something, and this was it--a topping. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. You are an inspiration to me--from your health/exercise/running, to your happy life and great family!
You had me at caramel! :) I really wanted to do something with caramel for mine, but instead wound up adding streusel. Your version sounds so delicious!
Oh my, this looks irresistible with caramel! I must try that. Remember the apple bars we made a while back? I think they had a caramel and they ere amazing. I need to make them again too. So much to bake and so little time. ;-)
I'm sure the caramel was divine-goes perfect with all the apple flavors. Yum!!
Apple, vanilla, caramel. An all-time-great combo!
How pretty with all those little pieces on their plates...love the anticipation of your tester!! I need to remember to use buttermilk more often, love the tang it gives. It all looks wonderful with your special touches.
This is what I like to call perfection on a plate!
Post a Comment