It's Tuesday, September 29 and time for TWD!! Thank you Carla of Chocolate Moosey for
choosing Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart, on pages 355-357. Be sure to check out her blog for the recipe.http://chocolatemoosey.blogspot.com/
I have never melted sugar so I was thinking ,"Oh mama ,I hope this works"...and it really did! The caramel was a breeze to make except I burnt my index finger on the boiling caramel...ouch! I added finely chopped hazelnuts to my tart crust and used Pecans and Hazelnuts in my caramel. The results were outstanding. My tart crust was perfect, the caramel was just the right consistency, not to chewy but plenty of chewiness you know it's caramel. The Chocolate Ganache could not have been better. I used semi-sweet chocolate instead of the bittersweet. The Ganache was smooth and silky.
The baking process....
31 comments:
Those girls are so cute. Looks like they are enjoying the tart and/or the company. Nice job.
Success! The tart looks delicious and I'm in LOVE with the candy corn on top!
It was quite easy to make for such a showstopper, wasn't it? Now, if everything could be that easy! :)
I'm glad you had success with the caramel on your first try! I learned from David Lebovitz to have a bowl of ice water handy when making caramel just in case of a burn. It's come in handy for me. Glad the tart was such a hit with the crowd!
These were three very lucky young ladies to get to come to your house to eat! They indeed look absolutely delighted. Loved the series of photos and your table setting...pretty cloth, etc. I just love looking at everyone's stuff! The little candy corns were a nice addition (can I have mine without the chocolate??? LOL).
Your tart looks amazing!
I loved this, too. The chocolate layer was intense, so it makes sense that you used semi-sweet instead of bittersweet. Great tart!
I love the candy corn! I burned my index finger too but the tart was worth it. Glad it was a success.
Ouch about your finger! Sometimes I feel like if I haven't injured myself I haven't really baked. Great looking tart and so sweet of you to share with all those nice girls!
That looks amazing!!! Your caramel really looks perfect! Great great job!!! And looks like you had a blast with the girls!
I love the candy corn on top.
What a spectacular dessert to serve for company.
And now they'll always remember dinner at your house!
Looks fantastic and I love the baking pictures.
I bet it was a fabulous dinner !I loved the tart too !
Glad the dinner was a success! I love the candy corn on top of the tart!
I felt the same way about the sugar. Your tart looks great. Now I want some candy corns.
Bravo! You were lucky to have a group of people to share this with. :)
Hooray for successful caramel! Your tart looks wonderful, and I love the candy corn on top. What a great fall garnish!
Ouch! Sorry about your burn (check back NEXT week to read about mine). But your tart turned out great and it looks like it was the hit of the party!
You did awesome! High Five Michelle but you burned your index finger =(. I'm sorry! I just know everyone loved your dinner too...especially because the people serving the dinner are doing so with a caring heart =).
Your tart looks so good. I love the candy corn on top.
I was lucky...no burns!
I love candy corn: love it, love it, love it. I'm so sorry you burned your finger! I hate burns almost more than any other owie. They just hurt so much.
Re: running. I've been running more again. I'm not back to where I was when I was always training for some sort of long-distance race, but I've been better about it, thanks for asking! There's a neat 10-miler in these parts that I was thinking about signing up for, but it turns out that it was over 2 hours away! I need to sign up for some fun races, they're so motivational. Do you run through the winter, too? I have such a hard time motivating myself to get up and move when it's cold outside. I'd rather stay in and bake. :) Which leads me to the circular nature of this post: the tart looks beautiful!
Your tart looks wonderful, I like how you dressed it up for Halloween. Sorry about your finger, the sacrifices we make for our baked goods.
Yay candy corn! What could more seasonal? Your tart sounds delicious and I'm not surprised it was a hit. Lovely!
candy corn. what an adorable idea!!!
What a cute Halloween idea to add candy corn to your chocolate-crunched caramel tart! The addition of the hazelnuts and pecans sound yummy too!
love the candy corn on the top! Glad this was a hit!! :)
Your tart looks great and super tastey and adding the candy corn on top was a great touch.
How good of you to host students! Your tart looks awesome and I'm glad you loved it!
ok you were so much better than me---and did all the steps! I love it! I was too nervous the caramel would splatter at me! Looks great...and love the table cloth ;)
Looks like this dessert was a success - very well done! I really like the candies on top - they add a nice splash of color and make the dessert extra special! How lucky were the students to enjoy this beautiful tart!
Success with your first caramel attempt - CONGRATULATIONS!
Thanks for sharing!
Your tart looks delicious!
Post a Comment